No regrets #2

It was already afternoon, Eddy had taken care of Brett's little guy as best as he could, and the owner seemed satisfied, or at least that was what it looked like from Eddy's perspective. Then Brett went to take a shower after the long travel and... other activities, and Eddy made something to eat. They ate and then sat down on the couch, where Eddy was watching a movie on TV (barely, he lost track after about twenty minutes), while Brett covered himself with a blanket and was dozing off, leaning on him because he was getting sleepy after the long travel, eating and... other activities. Eddy offered him a comfortable bed but his boyfriend refused, stating that he preferred to be close to him. And that was very, very sweet of him, just like the way he cuddled up to Eddy, resting his head in the corner of his neck and leaning on his shoulder. Sometimes Eddy could feel his breath and sometimes Brett would rub his nose against his neck, almost causing Eddy to die from the overload of positive feelings. It really was too long since they had last seen each other.

"Why can't you always be like this?" the taller man asked with a hint of reproach in his voice, because he liked the way Brett was acting, and he didn't do it that often.

"Like what?" his partner asked in a sing-song voice and yawned, indicating that he knew exactly what he meant.

"So..." Eddy made a vague gesture with his hand. "Clingy."

Brett snorted. "I'm always clingy, you're just even more clingy, so you don't notice it."

In some twisted way, it made sense to Eddy.

He ran his hand through Brett's hair, making circles on his head with his thumb, and Brett sighed contentedly.

"You were right," he said. "I can't be away for that long. We need to set some time limit."

Eddy grinned. "Yeah? Why? Is it because someone missed me so much that he couldn't help himself and came back a few days earlier than he was allowed to?"

From above he saw Brett turning red.

"Shut up."

Eddy kissed his hair. "I'm just kidding. I missed you too, you know."

"Exactly, it's your fault."

"Hey!"

Brett chuckled and planted a kiss on his neck before placing his head back in its original place.

"You better tell me when will you take care of my little guy," Eddy interjected. He'd been fighting the urge to ask this question out loud from the very beginning.

"OH MY GOD, stop."

Eddy burst out laughing. "I'm just messing with you, hey."

"You know, about yours, you proved yesterday that you can take care of him very well on your own," his boyfriend remarked in that cool tone of voice, and Eddy stiffened.

"No, it's not like that! I just...! Are you angry about this? Shit, I'm sorry, but it's been so long and...!"

Brett started laughing and Eddy realised he was pranking him yet again.

"I didn't expect you to panic so much!" Brett exclaimed, still shaking with laughter. He hid his face in Eddy's shirt, tickling him with his hair.

"These are serious matters, don't joke like that!" Eddy scolded him, half relieved, half annoyed. "You're going to give me a heart attack!"

Brett just laughed louder until he finally got tired and pulled away to glance at him. "Your reaction was priceless."

Eddy pursed his lips and took Brett's face in his hands. "You'll pay me for this."

Brett looked him straight in the eye as he answered boldly, "Every price."

You'd think that after years of dating you'd be prepared for the fact that if you flirted with your boyfriend, he might flirt back, but Eddy still couldn't deal with that. And so he reddened and his heart started beating faster.

Finally, he decided to move closer to kiss his boyfriend, but Brett yawned, ruining the moment. So Eddy gave up on the idea and smiled gently.

"Go to sleep, Brett," he ordered.

"Only if you put me to sleep," Brett said, and Eddy sighed.

"You have really become clingy."

However, he still complied with his wish and when they reached the bed, he wrapped him in the duvets and stayed with him for a while before getting up to take care of his other daily duties, which he put a big STOP on for Brett.

"Good night. I love you."

"I love you too. If anyone from work calls and is looking for me... I told them I was sick. So tell them that, I'm mortally ill."

"I'll leave out 'mortally'."

"If you think so."

Eddy left and closed the door so as not to disturb him when he'd sleep while smiling like crazy. He was going to repeat this until the day he dies - he absolutely did not regret taking that call yesterday!