No regrets #1

semi-NSFW (no graphic details really, just stuff implied)

He had been gone for so long already, and Eddy missed him like hell. They agreed to this life, they both travelled the world and played with orchestras. Often it was him who left Brett home alone but... but never for this long. And even though Eddy hadn't said anything, he was secretly a bit upset about it.

He'd been coping somehow in this lonely apartment but this day seemed especially difficult. Because, gosh, he missed Brett so much. He wanted to touch him and be touched, he wanted to hear his voice and be heard back, he wanted to... He wanted to shove his tongue down his throat. Yeah, that too.

And he thought about it, thought about it so intensely that he just had to do something about it. So with his name on the lips, his hand went down inside his pants. And he was almost...

The cell phone rang, and it was that name on the screen. Eddy could perhaps not answer. He could finish going about his business and call back later. The thing was... The timing was perfect. So he reached for the phone with one hand, leaving the other in the place proper for thinking about Brett.

Brett tried to call as often as he could. He wasn't the kind of person who would do it every day and talk about his day, so at first, he seldom called. But now the longing and distance were starting to hit him just as much. He knew they only had a few more days apart, but those few days felt like an eternity.

And so he called.

Eddy picked up and after some silence, he said into the phone, "Hello?"

He had a slightly strange voice, and Brett began to wonder what time it was because he wasn't sure how it worked with the time zones between their places.

"Did I wake you up?" he asked.

"Ah, no, no..."

"That's good. I'm only asking because you sound weird," Brett noticed, and chuckled.

Only a deep sigh answered him, which for some reason made Brett shiver.

"I had my last rehearsal today, so no news from me. It's just so hot, I'm sweating in this suit, you know? And also, I... Um..." Brett was starting to feel breathless from hearing these unidentified sounds. "Uh... Eddy... What are you... doing?"

"Nn-nothing..."

It was not nothing and Brett was sure of it. He just really didn't want to assume... He felt the need to undo the top button of his shirt because he was getting too warm.

"Are you...doing what I think you're doing?" he decided to ask quietly. If only he was at home and not in the middle of the street, returning from the rehearsal, maybe he could be more specific.

After a moment of silence, he heard a slightly higher and trembling,

"...no."

Brett's jaw almost dropped as he realised what that "no" really meant.

"Bro, seriously?! I can't believe you! You're really now...!"

"Brett, Brett, listen to me. I miss you so much. Just... talk to me. Please? I want to hear your voice."

Brett was feeling hot, awkward, and didn't know what to do with himself. He honestly needed to take his mind in some other direction, literally in ANY other direction because he did not need to have this problem right now. So he decided to continue talking about his day like nothing happened. He talked just to say anything, pretending not to hear and not to understand the tiniest of sounds coming from the other side.

Until finally Eddy sighed deeply again.

"Thank you," Eddy said while Brett was thinking he was going to die of some heart disease at this rate.

"I hate you," he mumbled, and Eddy just chuckled in return.

The next day, Eddy was awakened by the aggressive ringing of the doorbell. He yawned and dragged himself out of bed, cursing the mailman or whoever was outside the door. He rubbed his eyes again and unlocked the entrance.

Brett was standing outside the door.

"I forgot my keys," he muttered and went inside.

Eddy was so terribly happy that he just screamed his name and threw himself into his arms, hugging him tight, still questioning a little if he was dreaming. He pulled back a short distance and Brett kissed him deeply, which was nice but seemed to be a little too much for a 'hello' kiss. Not that Eddy was complaining.

Brett kept kissing him, so naturally, Eddy was kissing him back. His boyfriend must have missed him as much as he did to act so passionately like this, right?

But then those kisses and the touching everywhere crossed a certain line. Brett basically pushed him against the wall, forced his lips open, not giving him a chance to take a breath, and slid his hands under his pyjama t-shirt, touching his bare skin. And that was definitely too intense for a 'hello' kiss. Again, not that Eddy minded much.

He was a bit confused though, despite the enthusiasm flattering him. He tried to maneuver them toward the bed where they both lay down in a rush.

He found a moment to catch his breath and finally asked, "What exactly are you doing here? You were supposed to be gone for a few more days."

Brett stilled, stared at him, and started to say something, but then he stuttered, and though he was already blushing, he blushed even more now.

Eddy wondered if it was possible that he really had that much power over his boyfriend, but he dared to ask anyway,

"Is it because of me?"

Brett's face was a dark peony color when he got off him and sat on the edge of the bed. He hid his face in his hands and Eddy couldn't help but burst out laughing. So it was!

"Hey," he said and hugged Brett from behind. "I'm sorry. I wouldn't have done it had I known what effect it would have on you."

He laughed again.

"No, that's a lie, I would have done it anyway, I think it was worth it."

Brett uncovered his face.

"I'm pathetic," he said, more to himself than to Eddy.

"Oh, come on. It's not your fault I'm that irresistible." Eddy patted his head and glanced down at his pants. "Now, let's take care of your little guy."

"I beg you, don't call it that."

""So... Brett Jr.?"

"I'm leaving," he said, the deadpan back on his face, and he really made a move as if to leave, but Eddy squeezed him tighter, holding him in place.

"Sorry! Sorry, I'll stop!" he said, kissing him on the cheek. He then grinned. "You just have to find a way to shut me up."

"Oh, I'll definitely do that," Brett said and kissed Eddy on the mouth, and Eddy thought he absolutely, 100 percent, would do it all over again.