Eddy's journal

August 12th

Today Ray left his dog with us as he had announced. Its name is Max. I warned everyone that I might have a slight allergy, but they ignored me. E̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶B̶r̶e̶t̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶y̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶o̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶(̶i̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶!̶!̶!̶)̶!̶!̶!̶ Brett liked him right away. He says he has no problem taking him for walks and caring for him, so I shouldn't worry. I like animals, so I'd love to help, of course, but I'm afraid my face will swell or who knows what. After all, my sister had to go to the hospital once after eating nuts.

August 13th

Max settled in quickly. He is really cute, but he allows himself too much. I get the impression that Brett indulges him and does not think at all about what condition our furniture will be in. The dog's constantly biting the chair leg! And, horror of horrors, he even goes to bed with us! I told Brett I didn't think it was a good idea, but he just shrugged. Thank God Max is small.

August 14th

It's already too much. I fell asleep yesterday, if I remember correctly, cuddled up to my beloved boyfriend, but when I woke up, this dog was snoring in his arms! I took this opportunity to draw attention to the situation again, but Brett said I was exaggerating. I don't think he knows what an exaggeration is. He exaggerates!

August 15th

I presented Brett with scientific facts that prove that sleeping with a dog in the same bed is not good for his training. And what did he do? "Stop whining, Eddy." I wonder what Ray will do when he finds out that Brett has completely spoiled his dog! Also, I was practicing my violin today, and he started barking. Brett, instead of helping me calm him down, started laughing that my playing was so out of tune that it bothered even Max. Normally, I would probably laugh with him, but he really allows this dog for too much in this house, I'll say it again.

August 16th

Brett goes on long walks with Max. Supposedly for health. And when I invited him to go jogging together, he didn't want to. I even began to wonder if he wasn't going there for another purpose. 'Cause what if he cheats on me and takes the dog as an alibi? That's what I thought, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions. But today, when he came back from that walk, he smelled like some unknown cologne! I didn't tell him my suspicions right away, I wanted more evidence, but it was hard for me to sustain a poker face. So the atmosphere was unpleasant.

August 17th

Alert resolved. Bretty, my beloved boyfriend, remembered me mentioning that I needed a new cologne, so he went to the store and tried different testers to buy me a present. I was greatly relieved. I told him about my worries and he laughed at me. He asked if I wanted to go on these walks with them. I agreed. We've been once. It was nice. Max is adorable. I just feel like he's the only thing Brett is paying attention to right now.

August 18th

I'm dying and I know it's the dog's fault. My allergies finally kicked in. Brett says I caught a cold, but I know how it really is. He's just trying to protect that insufferable dog. I can't stand it any longer.

August 19th

We had a fight, Brett and I. About that stupid dog, of course. Brett keeps saying I'm not allergic at all, but I know he's wrong. I think I know my body better than he does! He told me again that I was exaggerating! And even if I am! Something must be causing it, right? He could try to understand that I'm stressed and don't want to be hospitalized because of Ray's stupid dog! Though perhaps only then would Brett understand how unfair he had been treating me! I got mad, so I said some nasty things to him too. I didn't mean them, but they were deserved.

August 20th

I feel better today. First of all, I don't have such a runny nose anymore (probably because I've become immune). Secondly, Brett came to apologize to me. He said he didn't like to argue with me, a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶w̶e̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶s̶. Well, he must have been lying because we had another fight!!! I can't take it anymore, he honestly prefers this dog over me. He comes home, the first thing he does is greet the dog, go for a walk with the dog, talk to the dog, yes, he will open his mouth to him sooner than to me! I can't wait for Ray to come back and take it. And Brett doesn't care at all. My presence is bothering him in this house. It would be best if I moved out and left them alone!!!

August 21st

Max found me curled up in a ball on the bed, hiding from the world, and licked my face. He's cute, I can't deny that. So we were laying together and I was scratching him mindlessly behind the ear because what else was I supposed to do. And then Brett came. I was sure that he would start to babble about how cute Maks is, but no, he just smiled (at me, not at the dog!), as if he wasn't offended at me at all, and sat down next to me. Maks immediately moved towards him (traitor), but Brett reached out to me and petted my hair (a bit like you would a dog...). I can't push Brett away like that, especially when I'm sad, so I cuddled up to him (stupid Max between us) and blurted out everything. I was afraid he would laugh at me. My fears were right. Eventually, however, he tried to understand and said that if I needed attention (he called me an attention seeker, but I don't know what he meant, in my opinion my reaction was normal) I should have just told him, but also that he would try to be more attentive and not prolong his already long walks. And then I asked him - if he had a choice, would he like to have his beloved dog or me in his life? I know it's stupid, but I needed to hear it, I wanted some confirmation of my existence in this apartment (it was more my apartment than Brett's, by the way!). "100% you," he said, "You are my number one over any dog, okay?" he added and kissed my forehead and ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's impossible to be mad at him.

August 22nd

It's better. We spent a lot of time together today. Together, that is me, Brett, and Max. And while it still annoys me how many rights this dog has in this house, it's not bad. I think it even brought us closer, I mean Brett and me. He said he appreciated my honesty. I have to admit that while I still don't like the fact that he smiles at Max more than at me, it's nice to see him so happy and emotional. If I had a dog, I'd let Brett take care of it too. I guess he really enjoys it and I feel a little silly that it bothered me so much.

August 23rd

Ray came to pick up the dog. Max was over the moon when he saw him. Dogs are loyal animals, aren't they? It was so nice to see them meet. After that, Brett was a little sad. He told me not to pay attention and that it would go away, but I was worried. Does he miss the dog?

August 24th

Brett is still a bit numb, and even I occasionally look down, expecting to see this amusing puppy there. Suddenly it got quieter. No one toddles on the floor and sleeps in bed with us anymore. Sometimes a thought comes to my mind that I dare not write down on paper.

August 25th

Brett didn't feel like drinking bubble tea today.

It's over. We're buying a dog.