Darker eyes

She offers him Her hand and he lets himself be carried away by those sparkling blue eyes and drowns into Her raspberry lips. He touches the nooks and crannies of Her body, and the next day he wakes up with a vast emptiness inside.

They live with each other for lack of other options, out of habit and lust, but as soon as they open their mouths, meaningless words come out and he knows he doesn't love Her. And then the world covers them with the veil of night and he lets Her guide him again, explore whatever he wants, and he loves Her too much.

Conversations don't end well. Every sentence finishes sharply like a razor, just to hit where it hurts. He's never really angry, though, just growing more and more annoyed every day until he finally says something awful, something terribly true, and then he apologizes, he apologizes until the tears finally disappear from Her face.

Other times She'll be honest with him, She'll turn her back on him and he'll slam the door with just a phone and a bunch of money in his hand and he'll go to Him. He will ring the doorbell, and Eddy will open it.

Eddy.

He won't ask what he's doing here. He never asks. He'll tell him about His day and He'll smile a smile that's a little real, a little fake, and Brett will know he loves Him. And then they will go to sleep. He'll lie down on the couch, but eventually he'll come back and Eddy will make room for him. He'll fall asleep while Brett will keep scrolling through his phone and refreshing messages. Then he will roll over and stare at the sleeping face next to him. He will watch His parted lips, sculpted jaw, and frowned eyebrows. He will touch His hand and he will wonder if he could love Him the way he loves Her. And then he'll fall asleep.

She will call in the morning. She will cry into the phone and beg him to come back, and he, as always, will. He'll leave, leave Eddy behind, and start over. He'll take Her hand and let himself be carried away by those sparkling blue eyes. He will drown in Her raspberry lips. He will touch the nooks and crannies of Her body, and the next day he will wake up with emptiness inside.