Anywhere you want, my hero

When Eddy had asked Brett to come over and kill a bug that was supposedly terrorizing his room, he agreed right away. Brett didn't consider himself the bravest in the case of insects, and he definitely wasn't, they disgusted him, but he sure managed better than Eddy. So he had no problem fulfilling his request. He even thought it was kinda cute that his boyfriend was so afraid of insects. It made Brett feel like some kind of a hero who...

"Jesus Christ, Eddy, what is this?!!!"

"I told you it's huge!!!"

Brett had opened the door to Eddy's room while Eddy was peeking out from behind him using him like some sort of a shield. In the center, on the ground, sitting motionless, was a huge bug, resembling something between a beetle and a cockroach.

Brett felt sick and weak in the knees. He slowly closed the door back.

"You know what, I've just remembered I was supposed to meet my brother today and..."

Eddy grabbed his arm with desperation. "No, Brett, please! Don't leave me alone with it! I'll have to burn down this whole apartment!"

"There's no way I'm going to kill it with a slipper!" he tried to explain in panic. "It's going to kill me before I get there!"

Eddy, however, looked like he was about to cry. Of course Brett couldn't just leave him. The problem was, he was just as terrified.

"Okay. Okay, listen," he said seriously and grabbed Eddy by the shoulders. He took a deep breath in. "Do you have any bug spray?"

His boyfriend shook his head.

"Alright, then I'll go to the store and..."

"NO! No, I'll go. I don't want to be alone with it," Eddy protested.

Brett nodded. "Fine. Sure. Buy the strongest spray you can find."

Eddy went out, and Brett spent that time gathering the courage for what had to happen. He could do this. He had to do this.

When Eddy returned, he was already mentally prepared. If he was going to die, he would die fighting.

Together, they slowly opened the door to the room.

"Brett?"

"Yes, honey?"

"It's not there."

"I see that."

"Brett?"

"Yes, my love?"

"You did lock the door, didn't you?"

He stayed silent, feeling more mortified by every second, considering if he had, in fact, closed the damn door. But then he noticed its disgusting shape on the window.

"It's over there," he pointed, and they both sighed in relief.

Brett gulped and wiped the cold sweat off his forehead.

"Well then. I'm going, I guess," he said weakly.

"Brett?"

"Yes, darling?"

"I love you."

"Why does this sound like goodbye?! You're already writing me off, aren't you?!"

Brett entered the room without waiting for an answer because he knew he wouldn't have the guts to do it later. It was now or never.

Eddy stayed by the door, leaning out the doorframe just enough to see what was going on. He was biting on his thumb nervously.

Brett just swallowed heavily again and aimed the spray at the insect. He pulled the trigger.

The bug took off and began to fly towards them.

They both started screaming.

"Kill it! Kill it!!!" Eddy shouted, his face barely peeking out of the doorframe. He let out a shriek when the insect flew a bit too close. Luckily it went in the direction of Brett again. Well, luckily for Eddy. Brett thought those were the last seconds of his life.

"I'm trying!" Brett shouted back, pressing the trigger with all his strength and not letting go even for a moment. That fucking beast just didn't seem to want to perish. It was flying all over the room like crazy. "Please, just don't leave me!"

The insect flew dangerously close to his face, but finally fell to the floor, feeling the effects of the toxic gas. Brett still kept spraying on it for safety, then put one of the heavier books he could find in the room on top of him just to make sure he was really dead.

When he was done, he was panting heavily as the adrenaline was slowly leaving him. That must have been one of the most terrifying experiences of his life.

He locked eyes with Eddy.

"You have no idea how fucking hot you are in my eyes right now," his boyfriend blurted out in one breath. His gaze remained serious.

Brett snorted, turning up the left corner of his mouth in a smile.

"How hot exactly?" he asked, ignoring the smell of the spray that was beginning to irritate his nose.

"You can have me anywhere. Except for the room with that monster's dead body in it."

Brett immediately threw the sprayer onto the floor.

"So what are we waiting for?"