My Favourite Teacher

A/N: Very quickly, I just wanted to thank you all for 1k views. I do realise views do not mean actual reads but I still feel happy about it. Thank you so much and I wish you a good time reading!

T/W: inappropriate relationship (as the title suggests)

Brett really didn't know how it came to the situation where Eddy Chen was undoing his belt.

Brett had been a teacher for two years, so, as many of his colleagues claimed, he was still a "freshman". And it's true, he didn't have as much experience as the others, and ha, he had far too much enthusiasm for someone in this profession. He wondered when he would become like them, tired of work and children, raising his voice even in situations that did not require it, authoritarian. But for now, he was far from that stage.

He taught music education, which was often just a subject to rattle off for many, something that was forced upon them and not something you needed to focus on in public school. He taught all grades, so his students were either complete toddlers or adults not much younger than him, which he sometimes forgot when he spoke to them as if they were still kids, only to realise his mistake a moment later. Even so, Brett still had enthusiasm inside. He wanted the classes to be fun, a time to relax, not stress. Younger children were still rather eager to learn and play music, the problem was with high school students. He was well aware that they probably had other worries, tests, quizzes, he didn't want to tire them out, but it wasn't in his nature to just let them slack off completely, so he tried to entertain them too. With different topics, in different ways, but still. He encouraged them to bring their instruments or start learning one, though, of course, he didn't force them to do so. Even though the principal might have not liked it, Brett treated the high schoolers gently, and the most important thing for him was simply their presence, because, well, he had to give grades on some basis. And he usually had no problems with that at all, but... well...

Eddy Chen from the last grade of high school did not attend his classes. Brett remembered him, but he'd only seen him twice in the course of the whole term. He was constantly battling over what to do with it, whether to let it go, to just let him pass the subject without problems. Finally, he decided to talk to him. He would listen to Eddy's reasons, even flimsy excuses, and then decide what to do with him.

Only he hadn't expected that.

Brett had heard of various forms of bribery, of course, he knew it was going on, but, in his short career, it had never happened to him and, frankly, he hadn't thought it would ever change. Maybe that's why he didn't react immediately.

When Eddy entered the empty music room and closed the door behind him, he seemed resigned. Brett, however, had seen such expressions on students' faces before. They showed up when they thought they were going to get reprimanded. And no wonder, your teacher suddenly wants to talk to you alone... What else would you think? Brett sighed.

"Sit down," he suggested. Eddy took a few steps closer to the desk but didn't sit down, so Brett decided to stand up too, to be more or less at the same level.

"As you might suspect, it's about your final grade..." Brett began, and Eddy shifted from foot to foot and finally looked at him.

"Sir," he interrupted.

"Yes?"

"I..." Eddy hesitated for a moment, and Brett thought he seemed troubled. If he had any problems, the teacher obviously wasn't going to bore the boy with a whole lecture on attendance. "...I'll do anything to get a good grade."

Brett blinked a couple of times. He hadn't quite expected it. He smiled quickly though.

"That's good. But first I wanted to ask why-"