Sleep!

Brett had been sitting in front of the laptop screen for too long. It was getting harder and harder to focus, but he wanted to check out a few spots for their next video. They needed a small concert hall so he'd have to make a few phone calls tomorrow and talk to their...

"You're not going to sleep?" he heard a voice from the side.

Eddy was already in bed, under the covers, ready for sleep. Parallel to it, next to an old-fashioned standing lamp, was a desk where Brett sat, his chair swiveled so he could see his boyfriend's face.

He smiled reassuringly.

"I don't have to go to bed yet, I'm not tired, I'll be fine."

The whole statement contained one lie, but he had promised to take care of the matter he was managing right now, so he wasn't going to just stop. After all, if he didn't do it now, he'd have to do it tomorrow. And it's going to be harder to even get to it again.

"But baby, I'll be so lonely without you. Come here into my arms so I can feel whole again."

Brett blinked a few times, processing the message he had just heard.

"Wow. Are you trying to seduce me into healthy sleeping habits?"

"Is it working?"

He shook his head. Jeez, how he loved that idiot.

"Maybe it would have if it wasn't for the fact that I know you'll probably wake up at three am yourself and not fall asleep until the morning, you insomniac."

"Tsk." Eddy pursed his lips in displeasure and turned over so that Brett could only see his back.

He went back to working on his laptop, but it didn't last long.

He sighed loudly.

"Fine, I'll take a quick shower and go to bed. Happy?"

Eddy turned around immediately.

"I'll be waiting," he assured, showing off his teeth in that cute smile of his.

Brett was about 80 % sure that Eddy wouldn't wait, not being able to stop himself from falling asleep but decided not to mention it.

It was evenings like this with Brett feeling just generally fed up with everything when he would be reminded once again how much he had truly fallen for Eddy. Because one smile from his boyfriend was enough to make him change his mind instantly.