Decay-Five Hargreeves

Song:Decay-Nessa Barrett/ You'll Understand When You're Older-Lovejoy
Warning: Survival, Death, Crime, Drinking

I’ll still love you even after we decay. Even when our bones are withered and there are bugs in our brains.

Once a survivor, always a survivor but a victim to the outside world surrounding you.

They look at you with pity. As if they knew the struggle of being stuck in the apocalypse for forty years.

With nothing but a grumpy old man. Even when you were teens he was grumpy.

Although he had an excuse. Five always had an excuse with you although you were toxic for each other. You liked to hurt each other just to feel something.

But you knew you would still love and want him even after you were buried six-feet underground.

Intrusive thoughts lingered oftentimes with a vengeance to kill him. Everyone wanted to murder Five as well as his siblings.

Someone wanted them dead one way or another. However, you felt obligated to protect him from the trauma of seeing his siblings dead in their shared home that was once a mansion turned to rubble.

Yet it was never enough. Five still put tequila in his wine just to drink the visions away.  Before Five you had a life under an alias running from Reginald Hargreeves and The Handler.

They both knew of you and your little sister Lila. Lila was born approximately ten minutes after you were born.

Which was odd considering every woman who gave birth that day had their cold at the same time.

Yet, you were like the other children however, when the day began and the past nearly ten months your mother had been pregnant with you and only you. Ten minutes later spontaneously your sister was born.

She looked nothing like you however, she acted like you. You had the same abilities with yours being stronger somehow. Miraculously you succeeded until one day you felt someone almost as if their power was a magnetic contacting you together.

When Five jumped into 2019 you had no choice but to follow unknowingly. At first it was a few minutes you jumped back, then into the nineties, again further into the seventies, lastly before you both jumped across the street from one another side by side into the fifties.

About a few minutes later he took one final jump to get home. Five was unsuccessful with his last attempt. You went with him and you saw the piles of burning rubble that were once major buildings. Across the street or what was left of it you saw a boy your age.

He looked distraught as he began to look around for someone. “Vanya, Ben, Luther, Klaus, anyone!” He shouted with the last of his breath.

He was breathing heavily hunched over with tears in his eyes. His family was gone in front of him.

“Hello, anyone else here?!” You shouted as if you hadn’t heard him scream for help. You moved closer to him, weary of any last standing rocks falling on you.

Dodging each fire eloping the surrounding surface. Blood covered the surface of his palms and a faux eyeball in between his fingers.

“Hey, are you physically okay?” You asked the boy kneeling next to him resting one of your hands on the ground for stability and the other on your knee. “So that isn’t your blood?” You asked

“It’s my siblings I just found them and this in my brother’s hand.” Five replied you nodded repeating the word okay in your head.

Eventually your knees got tired and you sat down on the ground next to him afraid to leave him. You had no idea what he would do if you left to go find food or build a shelter and leave him alone. Some part of you was connected to him although you just met him.