Mom-Luke Patterson

Mom- Luke Patterson
Song: Mum- Luke Hemmings
Warnings: Underage Drinking, Smoking, Run Away Teen, Fake ID, Drowning, Death, Swearing.

Luke felt so heavy he resorted to drowning his sorrows in other ways. He was once a mama's boy who needed her for anything.

When he was seven they went to the beach for the first time and Emily was there to help and guide Luke into the ocean.

Luke was so afraid of the water he was afraid of the tide crashing into shore. Emily helped him jump into the ocean.

Now he jumped head first into the water without her. And he was drawing because he didn't understand what he was caught in.

He wished to go back and apologize but he didn't want to be wrong.

He wanted the tide to wash away any anger or fears. He wanted his mother to be there with him.

Granted he was too stubborn to say he was sorry. He reversed his apology so many times in the mirror.

Emily was right about the Hollywood club scene being no place for a group of teens.

A year later Luke would realize this when he found himself in another club with a drink in his hand.

Another fake ID to use to get them in. He knew they would make it big one day.

Yet life is inconsistent and the traumatized little child screaming for his mother was silenced.

“Luke buddy you need to cut down on the drinking.” Reggie warned him and Alex agreed scares of heat come over but only his boyfriend but his best friend.

“Don't tell me what to do.” Luke slurred as he downed another glass slamming it onto the bar.

“He's done.” Alex told the bartender who just nodded her head and agreed. Seeing the state of the boy who claimed to be okay but they knew he wasn't.

Luke was drowning the voice in his head. The voice telling him to go home before he gets hurt any worse. Luke finished looking down on himself for a minute.

All of the things in his head caused him to feel heavy. He felt like the little boy who jumped into the ocean for the first time. But he never made it out the tide drowned him.

“MOM!” Little Luke shouted as he splashed around. Luke turned around to look into the mirror seeing the man he had become.

Was she proud of him? Could she be proud of him? “Mom can't you see I'm sinking!” Luke shouted watching his younger kid self drown in the ocean.

Feeling the air escape his lungs as they are filled with water. Suddenly the ocean began to spill.

Nothing was as it seemed once before. Everything came crashing down through a black hole. “Mom what are you doing can't you see I'm falling!” Luke cried as she stood still watching as he drowned.

“I'm too young to be falling.” Luke realized.

Luke woke up on the peeling leather couch in the studio. His hair clung to his face sticky with sweat. His clothes were drenched as well as the cold sweat from his nightmare.

Luke's chest felt heavy as he gasped for air. Heavily breathing as he looked around. Luke was still dressed in his clothes from the night before. Signifying he had been dragged in by his friends.

Reggie left a note and some aspirin next to him. As well as a bottle of water. Luke sighed in relief it was all in his head. It wasn't enough that he called out in his dream Luke needed to go home.

Instead he grabbed his pack of cigarettes that got flattened in his pocket and lit it. Yet he was stubborn and afraid of the home he grew up in.

Missing flyers with his face pasted around town. He knew they were looking for him yet he couldn't stand to look in the mirror.