Finding 2 surprises

I took a nap on the plane since it was such a long flight. When we were up in the air it was so gorgeous but a little weird not being the one to be the pilot and being the passenger.

We finally landed and it looks beautiful outside my window. It did the entire way here and now that I'm finally here I'm so excited.

I wait until the plane clears cause I am not in a hurry, I don't have to report to duty until tomorrow morning since the plane is a couple hours late. I walk out and am surprised by what I see when I go to get a taxi. Uncle Slider, holding up a card with Allie 'Snowflake' Kazansky written in big letters. I squeal and scream "UNCLE SLIDER!!!! What are you doing here?"

"Well I was wanting to surprise you cause guess who they are getting to be one of your guest instructors for a while." He said looking at me with a big smile and eyebrows basically in his hair.

I laugh and we walk to the car and talk about everything that has happened since we last talked to each other. He tells me a little about where he's living and where his favorite places to hang out.

"There's a few more from your class and the one above yours here. You can meet them tomorrow when you show up to work and mingle during lunch or something. Right now I need to catch up with my niece." Uncle Slider said to me

"Well you have all this time to spend time with me before tomorrow when you have to be my teacher not my uncle. So are we going to your place or are you gonna show your favorite niece where to get a good drink around here?" I ask my uncle, good with either but also hoping to go out tonight cause I'm excited to see the town and get to know the area.

"I know a good bar and grill a ways down the street. Its where all the pilots and sailors go to hang out and 'get their drink on' as I've heard a few say. Its kinda like the Hard Deck back home. Its called Smitten Mittens, its a fun place. Wanna try it out?" Uncle Slider asked me as he was trying to describe this place to me.

"Sure, but why is it called Smitten Mittens?" I ask kinda intrigued by what he was saying about this place.

"Well I don't really know maybe we can ask Diana when we get there. She owns the place and is a friend of mine." Uncle Slider Said while blushing and his face lit up what he said her name and was trying to hid it, he should know by now not to try and do that cause I can read him like an open book but the same goes for him. He can read me like an open book to so I guess you could say its a double edged sword.

"Sooooooo, who's Diana?" I ask while trying to make it clear to him that I know that they are more than friends " I mean your taking me to meet her before anyone and are offering her bar/pub and grill up for a place to catch up and mingle with other pilots of which you don't normally do Uncle Sli. I mean your face literally lit up at the mention of her name and when describing her so come on dish now or I'll just have to ask her." I say and make sure to give him my best stern but amused face.

He looked at me surprised but gave in just saying "So much like your mother." He chuckled " Well I've known her since I got here a couple of weeks ago. I know I know, I should've told you but Your father Mav and I just wanted to surprise you. Anyway so she took me in when I wondered into the Smitten Mitten and we just kept talking. I kept going in and then I started to hang out with her when the bar was closed. We started to talk about everything and anything. She knows all about you by the way, one of the best pilots on the planet that has the call sign 'Snowflake' I did tell her that we call you the 'Speedy Snowflake' cause of you and Mav racing all the damn time. She's real happy that you got sent here so she can meet you." He was explaining but then kept on rambling so I decided to help him out this time.

"Uncle Sli, its okay. I can't wait to meet her." I say with a comforting smile "If she is truly as wonderful as you say I can't wait for the wedding." I say with a teasing smile. He turns the same color as a ripe tomato. It was hilarious, I love making the guys have those looks on their faces.

We got to the Smitten Mitten and walked in. When we got inside I immediately felt at home, he's right it does remind me of the Hard Deck. I look around while he guides me to the bar and who I am assuming is Diana. She looks gorgeous he has that right. Maybe this will be the one o finally have him settle down. As we get closer to the bar she sees us and her face lights up so bright its adorable.

"Ronald!!" Diana said so happy you could hear it in her voice. She sees me after a second and I don't know how she did it but she lit up EVEN MORE!!
"Oh My, is this her? Is this the famous Allie or do you prefer Alex? He said your name is Alexandria and I just don't want to step on your toes. There's also your call sign he was telling me about if you prefer that. Oh I am so sorry I just keep rambling." She was saying and asking so many questions I didn't know which to answer first. Thankfully Uncle Sli knew just what to say to her.

"Easy, your okay breathe for me." He started to tell her as he walked around the bar to hug her to try and get her to settle down. She was buried in his chest and then picks her head up, collected and breathes in deep and sticks her hand out in my direction. "Hi I'm Diana." She says finally and smiles a wide smile at me.

I smile back at her with just as much enthusiasm and shake her hand "Hi, I'm Allie. It is very nice to meet you." I tell her and then decide to see if I can poke at her and Uncle Sli yet. Only one way to find out. I smirk and say " He couldn't stop talking about you one the way here." She blushes and says "Oh really?" With a lovely smirk to match mine. We both look at him and he just smiles and says " Yea your Dad said it would be dangerous putting you two together." We all laugh at that. "Well then maybe us girls should have just a girls night at some point and share some stories. What do you think about that Diana?" I ask her with my smirk still plastered on my face, as was hers. " Definitely, maybe when you get settled you can stop by and well have a lovely time." She said right back.

"Okay now, hey. Tonight is suppose to be my night to get caught up with you before work starts tomorrow. Now how bout some drinks? Could I have a Jameson please? What do you want Allie?" Uncle Slider said changing the subject and getting drinks all at the same time. Impressive.

"I'll take a Root Beer for now please. " I say knowing that I'll get something more later maybe adding a little bit of Kalua a creamer liquor into the Root Beer but for now I'll just stick with that.

"Okay, here you both go. Enjoy. Oh and Allie if you are wanting to make more friends than just your Uncle and I than I might have a few people in your line of work that are okay enough to have talk to you and see how you get on. That's only if your interested though." Diana said to me and I was so thankful that she was saying that cause it was true I kinda wanted more friends than I had now. I've been miss loner girl for to many years I have people to call friends yea but not really a best friend anymore. That just never really happened for me with anyone my age It was mainly my parents friends and people like that that would hang out and talk to me as if I was on their level. People my age thought I was below them and was trash, so I hang out with old people. At least 2-3 years older, Maybe Diana had some people in that age group to be friends with me. It would make a lot of stuff easier.

As I was coming out of thinking this Diana looks up and at the door and smiles " Hey, yea you get your ass over here I have someone I want you to meet." She practically yelled at who ever she was talking to. All of a sudden she heard someone behind her laughing and shouted back as he was approaching " Well all you had to do was as Darlin. I'm right here. Now is this gorgeous woman" he said while gesturing at me shooting both Diana and I a thousand dollar smile then continued "Or Slider here of which you know I know him?" He and Uncle Sli share an amused look at the eye rolls that us ladies did. Diana smirked at me and I nodded and said " Allie, I'm Slider here's niece. Nice to meet ya." I say as I stick my hand out to shake his as he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Hold on now, your saying that this" gesturing towards my Uncle" and you are related. Your mom must have impeccable genes if it cancels that out." This man says with a southern accent now that he's said more I can really hear it. Its beautiful. He also happened to make a joke at Uncle Slider that had Diana and I laughing and Uncle Slider saying "Your such a Dick Hangman."