Chapter 11

I was humiliated. I shuffled down the narrow hallway, my world crushed, when I heard a voice from behind me. "Kiley!" the voice said.

I turned around, and it was Dylan. He grabbed my forearm, and gave it a little squeeze. "Don't go," he said, his voice hushed.

"Why shouldn't I? You heard Kaya, I'm only ever going to be a threat to her," I replied.

"Kaya always likes to be cautious. I'm sure once she knows more about you, she'll be fine. Plus... I really like you. A lot."

I felt my face heat up and I quickly turned my head so that I stared at my shoes.

As if he knew his statement before wasn't enough, he also said, "You're not like the other girls... you're different."

I looked up at him, and a look of alarm washed over his face. He quickly tried to cover it up, and I laughed. "By that, I mean... you don't try to act like someone you're not when you're with me," he said.

"How do you know acting crazy isn't just my cover up?" I asked.

Dylan laughed. "I just know. I mean, I'm an actor. It's second nature for me to know when someone is pretending."

I smiled. "So you'll know I'm not pretending when I do this?" I leaned in closer to Dylan, then kissed him on the cheek.

Dylan's eyes widened, and when the kiss was over, he placed a hand on his cheek. He nodded. We stared at each other for a long time. When slowly, we leaned in to each other until our noses barely touched.

"What are you doing!" a voice exclaimed from behind me. Dylan and I jumped and backed away, myself nearly falling onto the person that stood behind me.

"Uh, nothing!" Dylan yelled way too loud.

I turned around and saw that it was Tim. I folded my arms awkwardly.

Tim exchanged glances between the two of us, anger in his eyes. "I was coming this way to tell the actors that they need to report to the board room for a meeting, when I stumble upon this!"

Tim then grabbed me by my jacket sleeve, and pulled me away. "I'm bringing you to security!" he yelled. I fumbled over my shoes, getting farther away from Dylan.

"Hey, wait!" Dylan yelled, then ran over. "It's not her fault, it's mine. I came running after her as she was leaving."

Tim stopped, then looked at Dylan. "Well, why didn't you just say so!" he yelled sarcastically. "Then you two can't see each other anymore!"

My heart stopped, and I looked at Dylan. He seemed speechless. The words replayed over and over in my mind.

Next thing I knew, Tim threw me out the front door, and I landed on the ground with a thud. "And don't distract my actors again!" he yelled, then stomped away.

I rubbed my knee, which made contact with the ground first. I looked up, and saw security guards behind Dylan. They ushered him away, but as they did, Dylan made a phone symbol with his fingers. Despite the situation, I smiled.

It was hours before I got a call from Dylan. My heart ached. Soon, he'd be going to New Mexico to shoot The Scorch Trials, and then who knows when I'd see or even talk to him again.

"Hey," he said when I answered.

There was a long stretch of silence. I wondered which lucky chick from New Mexico would be his girl for the day. The thought ripped my heart out.

"So... I guess we can't see each other anymore," I said.

"No, don't say that. Tim may be able to prohibit you from showing up at the studio, but not in public."

I half smiled. It seemed like Dylan always had another option. "But what about fans? You know eventually they'll catch up if they see the same girl and guy talking at a park each day."

"Not at the park, at the bench that is near the studio. Technically, it isn't their property. It's the cities'."

"Yeah, that could work. But again, people will notice," I said.

"How about on certain days? And certain times?" Dylan countered.

"Yeah," I replied, "Wednesdays and Saturdays, at 5 pm?"

"Yeah, that works," Dylan said.

"Then it's set. See you Wednesday!" I said.

"Don't forget!" Dylan exclaimed.

"I believe I should be saying that to you!" I laughed, "I won't!"

Then I hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! crankynewt here!

So for the past 3 days I've been on a school trip, so that's why I haven't updated or anything.

This chapter is so short because I'm not feeling inspired to continue the chapter at the moment. XD

But I will continue this story! I'm not ending it. I just wanted to get a chapter out to you guys, since I had started this prior to leaving for my trip.

Thanks for understanding! :)

-crankynewt