Chapter 14

The plane ride seemed to go by very fast. All I really did was read my book and occasionally talk to Jasmine.

I looked out the window, and noticed the plane lowering closer to the ground. "Looks like we're here," I said, and smiled to Jasmine.

After we dropped off our things at a fancy hotel, Dylan walked over to me. "The producers say we arrived early, so we can just hang out tonight, and then start filming tomorrow."

I nodded, "Okay, where are we going?"

Dylan looked around, then answered, "Ki Hong and Thomas are looking at some restaurants we can eat at tonight."

"I hope they pick a Chinese restaurant," Jasmine chimed in, "I love Chinese." She smiled and rubbed her stomach.

"Fingers crossed," Dylan laughed.

"Alright everyone, listen up!" Dexter Darden said.

Everyone turned and faced Dexter. He then gestured towards Thomas, and bowed. Kaya laughed.

Thomas cleared his throat. "Alright, so we've decided that we will be eating dinner at a pizza parlor tonight."

I heard Jasmine sigh, and I chuckled.

"Off to the pizza parlor we go!" Dylan exclaimed, then dragged me away by my shoulder.

We filed into the parlor, obviously attracting attention. We sat in a rounded booth, Dylan on my left, Jasmine on my right.

Next to Jasmine sat Ki Hong, then Thomas, his girlfriend, and Dexter. I felt very awkward because I didn't have any celebrity stories to share.

"I can't believe I'm about to eat dinner with the cast of The Maze Runner," I said, breaking the silence.

Dylan laughed, "Believe it."

Ki Hong then whispered into my ear, "Most of the time, Dylan is a dirty trickster, so don't believe him too much."

"Hey, I heard that!" Dylan yelled.

Ki Hong laughed.

"He isn't wrong," Thomas chimed in, then smiled.

"I would never pull a trick on a lady... maybe," Dylan said, mischief in his eyes.

"I warn you, Kiley, Dylan goes hardcore when he pulls pranks," Kaya said. She then shot him a glare. "Even to his female co-stars."

"Oh, dude, I remember once when you pranked Kaya," Ki Hong said, then laughed, "She was mad at you for the rest of the week."

Kaya laughed hysterically, "No I wasn't!"

"Mmmhmmm," Ki Hong hummed.

I sat in the booth awkwardly, wishing I could contribute to the conversation. I guess it isn't easy holding a conversation with a celebrity when you're just an average person.

Then, the pizza finally came to our table. The waiter sat the delicious looking pizza in the middle of the table, and everyone went crazy for a piece. Mainly Dylan, Ki Hong, and Dexter.

I laughed and quickly grabbed myself a piece, when I noticed a flash come from the corner of my eye. I peered to my left, and saw that it was a paparazzi! He snapped another picture, blinding me momentarily, then quickly fled from the restaurant.

"No!" I yelled.

If my mom sees pictures of me with the Maze Runner cast in New Mexico and NOT with my ex BFF in Colorado, she'll kill me!

Silence settled over the table. I looked over and saw that everyone but Dylan, was staring at me with confusion in their eyes. Jasmine even seemed confused as to why I yelled. I laughed nervously.

"I meant, 'No... way this pizza is only $6.99!'" I smiled.

Everyone continued to look at me, when Dylan said, "She isn't wrong!"

Dylan, laughing at his comment, eventually made the others laugh. After that, everyone continued with their talking.

"Thanks for backing me up," I whispered to Dylan.

He winked at me in response.

I took a bite of my pizza, and wow was it good. I took another, then another, until I realized I had eaten my entire pizza. I sneakily grabbed another piece and began eating it. To heck with my body image. I love pizza.

Then, a figure walked into the pizza parlor, and I immediately knew who she was. Rosa Salazar. I wanted to faint. She was gorgeous in real life.

"Hey guys," she smiled, then sat down in the booth.

Everyone greeted her, except me. I still felt like I didn't have the right to greet a celebrity.

Her eyes met mine, and I wanted to choke on my pizza. "Hey?" Rosa said, an eyebrow arched in confusion.

"H-hi," I stuttered. Talking to a celebrity never gets any easier.

Dylan patted my shoulder. "This is Kiley, she's a fan of the movie."

"Ohh," Rosa said. "Well then, nice to meet you."

"It's GREAT to meet you," I said, my eyes sparkling.

Everyone laughed, and I felt a bit more comfortable. I then gestured towards Jasmine, who I also saw a confused Rosa eyeing.

"That's Jasmine, my best friend, and she came here with me. To meet you guys."

"Hi Jasmine," Rosa said, giving off a slight wave.

"Hey," Jasmine said, excitedly. She looked like she was about to black out. Then an idea popped into my head.

"Be careful, if we introduce her to any more celebrities, she might faint," I chuckled.

Everyone laughed, and I felt praised.

"Now wait a min-" Jasmine started, but I cut her off.

"She literally could not stop talking about the trip. She yapped like my grandma's chihuahua. Sooner or later she was gonna pee from so much excitement."

Everyone laughed again, and I bowed. "Thank you, thank you."

Eventually, we all got up to leave. I finally felt like a celebrity. Everyone talked to me, and I felt awesome. I looked around for Jasmine, until I noticed she was at the end of the group. She was keeping a slow pace, and looked hurt.

"Hey," I said. "You aren't mad about those jokes, are you?"

"No, no," Jasmine said, placing a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

"Well, then don't look so sad," I said, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Everyone looked at me like I was some sort of a circus act, that's all," Jasmine said, then sniffed.

"Don't be silly, we were just joking around."

Jasmine then looked up. "Okay," she said with a weary smile. Her eyes were wet with tears. I was going to say something to comfort her, when someone called for me.

"Coming!" I yelled, then turned back around. "I gotta go," I told Jasmine, then raced up to the front of the group.

Little did I know, this experience would alter our friendship. And I had absolutely no clue.