Chapter 17

"I don't know..." I said quickly. "Accepting your offer could change my life forever. As much as crazy fangirl me would accept, I don't know if average A+ student does."

Wes looked shocked. He hadn't anticipated this response. "I'll tell ya what," he said, "I'll let you think about it until you're ready."

"Okay," I told him.

I noticed that Jasmine shot me a disappointed glare from the corner of my eye.

Eventually we all headed towards the set. It was inside WICKED's headquarters. It felt like a dream.

"We have to get ready," Dylan told me. I nodded and he was guided away by a producer, as were the other cast members.

I glanced at Jasmine. I had no idea what to do to pass time. But she did. We sat down in chairs and she began firing questions at me.

"Why don't you want to be in The Scorch Trials?? That is any fangirls dream!" she exclaimed.

"Because," I sighed, "I'm not ready for the commitment. And, if people from school found out, I would never be able to live it down. Plus, last time I checked, this was based on how well I could run!"

"Exactly!" she said. "It's a minor role. No one is gonna notice you. You'll probably be an extra or something."

I frowned. "Gee, thanks Jazz."

"I'm just sayin'! You're worried about being famous, well FYI, a guy doesn't become famous just by standing in the background."

I sighed. "Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm just overreacting."

"Of course!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Of course to which statement?"

"Both!" she said, then smiled.

"Should've seen that one coming."

Jasmine nodded eagerly.

After a while the cast re-entered the set in full costume. Dylan walked up to me and smirked. "You look happy," he said.

"Trust me, you have no idea, Thomas. Er, I mean Dylan."

Dylan laughed, and Thomas, who is in Newt costume, walked up to us.

"I heard my name?" Thomas asked.

"NEWT!" Jasmine shrieked, then jumped up and hugged Thomas.

Thomas nearly stumbled back, but kept his balance. He laughed.

I glanced at Jasmine. We both knew what each other was thinking. Thomas noticed our sudden eye contact and raised an eyebrow.

"Thomas," Jasmine cleared her throat and began talking in a bad English accent, "Will you say "Great, we're all bloody inspired" for us?"

"Please," I begged.

Thomas exchanged glances between us and Dylan, obviously surprised.

"You didn't say it in the movie so you have to say it now. Really sarcastically," Jasmine continued.

"Alright," he said, then paused, readying himself, and spoke. "Great, we're all bloody inspired."

Immediately, Jasmine and I started cheering and jumping up and down, attracting attention from everyone.

Thomas was shocked at our sudden outburst, and started laughing. "Thank you so much," I told him.

"You're welcome," he laughed.

"Okay everyone, be on the set in five minutes!" Wes called out. All of the actors started leaving.

"That's my cue," Dylan said, and smirked.