1. 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬

01 : GIRL IN THE WOODS

" Lucy. Lucy Finch. "

- ʟᴜᴄʏ ꜰɪɴᴄʜ

______________

LUCY  shivered as the soft breeze hit her exposed arms. She rubbed her arms, trying to warm herself up. Even though the sun was shining brightly, she could barely feel the sunshine since the wind kept blowing.

She wiped the tears from her eyes while she tried to stop herself from crying more than she already did. She didn't know what to do. She was alone. Everyone died. They died or they left. There was no one to protect her. No one to keep her company. No one to love.

She was with a group. They found her all the way in the beginning. They saved her when she didn't even know what was going on. Although she wasn't that close to anyone, they were still the same people that saved her life. Now, they were all dead.  

The only thing she still had was a gun. A gun that she doesn't even know how to use. No one ever taught her too. Why would they? She was only a thirteen year old girl. A thirteen year old girl that was most likely going to die soon. 

Lucy didn't know how to protect herself from biters. She didn't know how to hunt or make a fire. She didn't have any food left, the full bottle of water she had two days ago was almost empty. She knew she was most likely not going to make it. Wether she'd have a slow and painful death or  a quick and peaceful death, it didn't matter. Who even gets a peaceful death anymore? No one does, not in this world.

She kept walking, pushing the branches and leaves from the trees out of her face. She's been in the woods for days. Maybe it was safer staying in the woods. There weren't a lot of biters but there also weren't a lot of people. She didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. In this world, it was hard to tell who you could trust, she knew that from experience but she also knew that people were what kept her alive. They protected her, they fed her.

The sound of branches snapping startled her. She whipped her head towards the sound before taking the gun out of her belt and raising it with shaky hands.