11. 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

11 : SILENCE

11 : SILENCE

Dare I say, an even better shot than Rick Grimes himself. "

-ʟᴜᴄʏ ꜰɪɴᴄʜ

━━━━━━━

THINGS  were different ever since they lost Lori, T-Dog and Carol. Sophia barely spoke, barely ate, barely did anything. She would sit in her cell all day. If anyone asked her a question she'd simply reply with a small shrug to the shoulders. No one had ever seen her like this. Sophia was quiet, but she always seemed to be happy. It seemed like her spark was just gone. Just like that. Not that anyone could blame her.

Carl on the other hand, was angry. Really angry. Lucy had tried talking to him and quickly learned that she should give him as much space as possible. Anyone who dared talking about Lori would receive an ice cold glare.

Then there was Rick. Rick just lost it. It's like he wasn't present anymore. Like his body took control and his mind wasn't really there. You could see it in his eyes. They looked so empty, so lifeless. Most of the time, no one even knew where he was. 

Lucy spend her days trying to comfort Sophia. It took a lot of time and effort but it was worth it just to see a smile on her face. Everyday she spend her time telling stories, jokes, even giving her friend a compliment. Sometimes the stories she told were stories that actually happened, sometimes they were made up stories she saw on the internet or read in a book. Sophia never said anything about the stories, but Lucy knew that she appreceated them. 

As for right now, Lucy was still lying in her bed. It was early in the morning, so most people were still asleep. The baby spend the night screaming her lungs out. Once she stopped, everyone went back to bed but unfortunately for her, Lucy couldn't get herself to fall back asleep. Instead she decided to read comics until the night was over. She only had about two comics left so it was pretty boring reading the same comics over and over again.

Eventually boredom took over and she realized comics wouldn't solve it. She was careful not to wake Sophia up as she carefully walked out of the cell. Beth seemed to be awake already. She was holding the baby in her arms with a soft smile on her face. The blonde didn't seem to notice Lucy's presence until she actually decided to speak up.

"Good morning." 

Beth jumped a little and let out a small yelp at the sudden noise that broke the silence filling the prison. She quickly looked down at the baby to see if she woke her up, but thankfully she was still sleeping.

"Morning." Beth replied, not taking her eyes off Carl's little sister.

Lucy smiled at the sight while she sat down next to her. "You're pretty good at that." She complimented, earning a confused glance from the other girl.