9. 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧

09 : BITTEN

09 : BITTEN

" You're acting as if he's already dead. "

ꜱᴏᴘʜɪᴀ ᴘᴇʟᴇᴛɪᴇʀ

━━━━━━━

"OPEN  the door. It's Hershel!" They heard Rick yell from downstairs. Lucy and Sophia looked up from their game of rock, paper scissors and shared a look before running out the cell. 

Lucy leaned over the railing, peering down at Hershel who was lying on a metal trolley. The first thing she noticed was the amount of blood was coming from the leg he didn't have. It looked like someone had cut it off.

"Oh, my God." Sophia whispered, a horrified look on her face.

The group pulled the trolley inside a cell downstairs. Lucy ran down the stairs, Sophia following behind her. They stood right outside the cell, there was barely any space left inside as everyone had gathered around Hershel.

"Oh! Oh, I need bandages." 

"We used everything we had." Glenn said.

"Well, get more!" Carol yelled over her shoulder. "Anything."

"Carl, go get the towels from the back, right next to my bed." Lori ordered. Carl left, brushing past the two girls that were still standing at the doorway.

"What the hell happened?" Lucy's eyes widened when she saw how much blood Hershel was losing.

"A walker got Hershel." Glenn explained, not taking his eyes off the said man. "We had to cut off his leg."

Lucy didn't even know that was possible. Come to think of it, it was kind off smart. On the other hand it was also really dumb, given the fact that Hershel was their only somewhat doctor and now he was the injured one. Sure, Carol learned a thing or two, but was she really gonna be able to keep him alive?

"He's already bled through the sheets." 

"We can burn the wound to clot the blood." Glenn suggested, Lucy's face scrunched up as she thought about the pain that must come with. "I can start a fire."

"Oh, God. No, please don't do this." Beth whispered as she shook her head.

"No, the shock would kill him." Lori handed Carol some more pillows.

Voices were heard from outside the prison cell. Unfamiliar voices. It caught everyone's attention. "What was that?"

"Prisoners, survivors." Rick sighed.

"What?"

"It's alright everybody stay put." With that, he left the cell, leaving everyone pretty confused.

Being Carol's daughter, Sophia had learned a thing or two from her. While she was still grossed out by blood and gore, everyday she got more and more used to it. She insisted on helping her mother with Hershel. It didn't take long to convince her since Sophia 'knew' more about these kinds of things than anyone else in the group.