7. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

07 : FIRE AND FLAMES

Believe me, you can have the floor! "

- ᴛ - ᴅᴏɢ

______________

EVERYONE was moving into the house to prevent another accident happening. It'd be safer. Before, no walkers came anywhere near their area but now... They don't want to risk it.

Lori picked up a big blue box from the back of the truck. She was soon stopped by T-Dog, who ran up to them.

"Whoa. Don't, don't, don't strain yourself." He said as he took the box out of her hands.

"Thank you." She gave him a light pat on the shoulder. "Rick, Carl and I are taking the corner of the living room." 

T- Dog nodded in response. Hershel held the door open for him as he walked in. "You can put that in my room. You'll be more comfortable there."

Lori shook her head. "We can't do that."

"A pregnant woman and a child sleeping on the floor while I've got a bed to myself?"

"There's two more kids." She told him.

"Oh no, don't worry about me." Lucy spoke up. "I'm sleeping on the floor."

"Sweetheart, I think it's best if you sleep on the couch or something." Lori told the girl.

"Nah, I like sleeping on the floor." She reassured. "It's quite comfortable." 

Back when everything was still normal, she slept on the floor whenever her sheets and pillows weren't clean. Her dad never made any effort cleaning them, so she would always wash them herself in a bucket of water. 

Of course, it doesn't dry as fast since they were always soaked. She'd have to wait days until they were dry. She couldn't sleep in her actual bed so she'd sleep on the floor instead. It wasn't comfortable at first but she learned to love it later on as she had to sleep on the floor multiple times a month.

Lori gave the younger girl a questioning look before turning back to Hershel. "This is still your house."

"It's our home." Hershel stated. "I'll take the couch downstairs. On nights when I came home reeking of bourbon, my wife would lock the bedroom door. I'm sad to say the couch and I became old friends."

"If you two can't decide, I'll take it." T -Dog joked after he just came out of the house. He gave them a sheepish smile before walking back to the house with another box in his hand.

"The couch is mine!" Hershel called after him.

"And the floor is mine!"

"Believe me, you can have the floor!" T -Dog yelled back.