3. 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐧

03 : BEEF WITH A GROWN MAN

" Then maybe you're not as tough as you think you are. "

-  ʟᴜᴄʏ ꜰɪɴᴄʜ

______________

CAROL  hadn't left Sophia's side since she arrived. Rightfully so, she did go missing for days without any trail.

They were sitting in the living room with everyone gathered around them. Most of them were talking to the pair, seeing if they were okay. The other old man, Hershel, was looking at Sophia's wounded leg in the mean time while his daughter Maggie was preparing dinner.

Lucy on the other hand, was leaning against a wall in the room awkwardly. No one had really acknowledged her yet, which she totally understood but it was a bit awkward for her. She didn't even know any of their names, the only names she knew were picked up from the conversations they've been having.

"There." Hershel said after bandaging her friend's leg. "You'll have to take it easy and be careful but your leg is just fine."

She let out a breath in relief. "Thank you, sir."

Carol squeezed her hand comfortly as Sophia gave her a smile before leaning her head onto her mom's shoulder.

The sight made Lucy happy. It was nice to see that she still had her mom. Same with Carl, or atleast that's what she asumes. By the looks of it, Carl still had both of his parents. He should not take them for granted.

Speaking of Carl, apperently he got shot while they were looking for Sophia. It was how they ended up at the farm in the first place. Maybe that was the gunshot they heard a few days ago. Even though he was up and walking, he still had to take it easy as he was still recovering.

Maggie walked into the room with a kitchen towell thrown over her shoulder. She looked towards Carl's mom. "Dinner's ready. Could you help me set up the table?"

"Of course." She nodded.

One of the guys, Shane, was staring at Lucy. She shifted uncomfortably as she felt his eyes burning holes into her skull. She risked a glance towards him and regretted that immediately. He glared at her and raised his eyebrows as if he was challenging her. 

Lucy walked out of the room, going to the dining room instead. It didn't go completely unnoticed since Shane was still glaring at her but other than that, no one payed close attention to her.

In the dining room Maggie and Carl's mom were setting the table. Maggie was talking about some guy named Glenn, whoever that was. Seeming to distracted by the conversation, they didn't notice the younger girl's presence.

She cleared her throat awkwardly in order to get their attention. They turned to her, both seeming quite startled.

"Uhm." Lucy started. "Do you need help?"