5

Scarlett backed away from her mothers shaking and wincing in pain as she started seeing blood trickling down. Her hands  flashed bright and swiped at the woman she once knew as her mother's hand as she touched her shoulder. ''Scarlett you're very  special and we need you..these people would be the other members of your family! Wouldn't you love that darling?''

her mother  questioned as held both of scarlet's hands and caressed  her face.  Scarlet froze at the word darling. She was never called that again after her mother changed.  Scarlet was hurt. She felt remorse and guilt as she swiped her mothers hands off.

  ''I don't trust you! I know you monsters will all use me as an experiment! '' Scarlet yelled and then  she  covered her mouth and backed away as the black cloaked figures headed towards her. Her hands flashed but dimmed as the blood started trickling down.

Then, she fell into a vision? No, a memory. She barely remembered what happened.  Green Fire everywhere. She had to probably be four at the time.

  She was roaming the orphanage looking for the exit  when she heard a boy yelling out for help. She heard the boy calling out for help louder. She started tearing up and coughing violently because of the smoke. Her younger self passed out everything fading to black as she fell to the floor. Then she woke up in the hospital.

Surrounded by doctors and police. All looking at her like she was a wounded animal. She panicked. She didn't remember what she needed to find.... She needed to go back to the site and look for him. She tried running back but the doctors held her there to the hospital bed.

She had an IV attached to her arm and heard the faint beeping of the monitor. Then she heard the doctors telling her.   That she was the only survivor. Her mind at the time was all over the place.  

She could have saved that boy. ''It's strange how she seems perfectly fine..  And she's so..young. But she was completely covered in ash. We did all those tests for heat burn and inhalation of ash but nothing" the doctors muttered to the nurses.

She didn't believe that she was the only survivor. That boy was screaming for help and she just passed out. She could have saved him but she didn't.