Chapter 8: Lion King

Name: Regulus Nemea

Race: Devil (Nemean Lion)

Tier I

Power: B-

...

Name: Sairaorg Bael

Race: Pure-blooded Devil

Tier I

Power: C+

Sacred Gear: Regulus Nemea (The Battle Axe of the Lion King)

Before I can say anything, Regulus states:

- You know what I am

It was not a question. I cannot lie my way out of this, so I answer truthfully.

- Yes I do, you are Regulus, the spirit that was sealed inside [Regulus Nemea]

At this both devils open their eyes widely, and Sairaorg speaks.

- H-how?

Hearing the disbelief in his voice, I simply smirk and change the topic of the conversation.

- So, we meet again, devil-kun and devil-chan, did you come here to enjoy the scenery of Paris or did you wanted to taste the French cuisine?

Kuisha is about to retort something, but Sairaorg suddenly blurts:

- Fight me

Both his queen and pawn turn at him with a dumfounded expresión, though I can also see some resignation and exasperation in Kuisha's face. I guess it must be tough to be the servant of a battle maniac like him.

I also look at him with a bit of surprise, but a little battle hungry smile creeps on my face and give him my reply.

- Sure, but no killing or maiming, and we should also go to an isolated place. But I warn you, you are more powerful than me, so don't get disappointed if you defeat me with one punch.

Instantly, the black-haired devil shows a happy smile and a challenging look and talk again.

- Great! I know a place not far from here, we can use some teleportation magic to get there quickly. And I doubt you are that weak, you eliminated that stray in mere seconds and even can recognize Regulus with a simple look.

- I was using exorcist weapons against the stray and aiming for a quick kill, of course I won. If I used light against you in our fight, the rule of "no maiming" would be broken.

- It doesn't matter as long as you don't damage internal organs, I have a few phoenix tears with me for emergencies, so we can heal after the battle.

- Sigh, fine, but I will only make use of them if I see I'm struggling to fight you.

As we are engaging conversation, the other two devils are looking at us with amazement, after all is not everyday you see a devil and a exorcist talking peacefully with smiles of their faces.