Chapter 17: Dumbledore

{Headmaster Office, Hogwarts, Scotland}
{World of Harry Potter}

Albus Dumbledore is sitting behind his desk looking at the other occupants of the room: Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Molly Weasley.

They are all waiting for the return of Remus Lupin and Sirius Black, that have gone to check the latter childhood house. The importance of this place rely on the charms that are protecting the building, a perfect place to set up the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix.

There was a knock on the door, and the werewolf entered to the room.

The headmaster is the first to speak.

- Remus, how is the situation.

At this words, the man sits, let's out a tired sigh and report.

- The house is habitable, in fact, it's in perfect condition. The current resident of the place is keeping it clean and tidy, and all the protection enchantments are in place.

When he finished talking, the pink-haired auror asked the question that all the Order members have.

- The resident? I thought that the house was empty.

- Well, that information is outdated apparently, because your cousin is living there.

After saying this, Dumbledore looks at Lupin showing confusion.

- Draco Malfoy? Why is he there?

The bearded man turns his head towards his leader and tiredly say:

- Not him, but the son of Bellatrix Lestrange.

A small gasp coming from the redhead woman was the only thing heard in the room. The rest were staring at the werewolf with various degrees of surprise and disbelief. The only one that only shows a bit preoccupied face is the eldest of the office, that slowly stand up and request the memory of the events.

Remus gets up and, putting the tip of his wand on his temple, extracts a silverly hair-like wisp and put in on the pensieve.

Dumbledore plunged his face inside the basin and after a few minutes he resurfaced looking a bit pale. He turned his head to Lupin and ask him:

- I will go to the house tomorrow morning. Could you please inform him that I would like to meet with him?

As Sirius' friend nods, the professor sits again, while the former auror Moody queries with a gruff voice:

- Is he going to be a problem?

Dumbledore brows furrowed in concentration, till he makes a negative gesture and responds:

- I don't know if he will join our side, but I'm sure he won't follow his parents path nor join Voldemort because, according to him he is, and I cuote: "a psychopathic racist with delusions of grandeur".

Of course, after the meeting was over, they didn't know that the headmaster was focusing on the part when Freed said "...doesn't even have his soul whole.".

{12 Grimmauld Place, London, England}
{World of Harry Potter}

The next day I'm woken up by someone banging the door, so I exit the bed, equip some casual clothes and open the door, showing Sirius there.