Chapter 20: Completed

{Department of Mysteries, Ministry of Magic, London}

I'm in the ministry in the aftermath of the battle in the DOM.

A lot of things have happened in this last months.

Umbridge managed to make herself the headmistress, but with all the hypnosis she's been exposed to, she's basically my puppet, so no torturing of students under my watch. This time, Dumbledore was sacked with the excuse of Hogwarts students having lower marks in OWL's and NEWT's that other ICW countries, but not branded as a criminal.

Of course, even with the book I gave him, the Boy-who-lived still sucked in occlumency, so Voldemort set up the trap with a vision of Sirius being tortured so that his archenemy came to pick up the prophecy for him.

So, in the end things ended up similar to the fifth book, with the order coming to save the day, the two leaders having a duel and the minister seeing the dark lord. The only change was the fact that Sirius is alive and so Harry didn't run after the deceased Bellatrix, but he ended in the atrium with his dogfather someway.

While this was happening, I've gone to their base in Malfoy manor and killed Nagini, as well as captured Pettigrew.

So, back to the present, I approach the headmaster with the snake corpse around my neck, a diadem on my head and the traitor bounded and unconscious floating behind me, and say:

- Hey, Dumbledore. Sorry for not coming on time, but, as you can see, I've been a bit busy. By the way, there's only one left, and I can remove it from the vessel.

When I say this, he looks at me with wide eyes full of hope and happiness. His blue eyes are twinkling brightly, and with a relaxed smile, he ask me:

- Truly?

I nod at him and turn at Sirius, who is hugging his godson after the possession.

- With Wormtail here, you will be able to probe your innocence.

Before he can respond, the headmaster makes us a portkey to his office and tell us that he will be there in a half an hour.

...

After arriving at the office and talking about tonight events for a while, the only one Tom ever feared came through the floo, and after a round of applause from the pictures of the previous headmasters and headmistresses then proceed to tell us about the prophecy. Then, he looks at me, turns to the other two and say:

- Now, to more important matters, the reason why Voldemort was able to remain alive after the killing curse rebounded at him is because he used one piece of extremely dark magic called horcrux.

Harry looks curious and speaks.

- What's a horcrux?

Before the headmaster can say anything, I explain the term.

- A horcrux is an object or being where a magic user put part of their soul after fragmenting it with murder, thus making the wizard or witch virtually inmortal. Voldemort made six of these abominations consciously, while he created another one accidentally, though that one remains unknown to him.

I reach inside my robes, summoning the rest of the former soul containers that have been repaired, and, along with the ones I'm still wearing, put them in the desk.

- The first one he made, after he killed his father and grandparents, was this ring, belonging to generations of Gaunts. It was located where his mother used to live, the Gaunt shack.

- The second one was his diary, created with the death of Myrtle Warren. It was in Malfoy manor, till Lucius gave it to Ginny, and you know the rest of the story.