The New Old Girl

"Skyler! Sky! Sky!" Someone shook me. I groaned and opened my eye slightly. "Ugh Ari what?" I asked.

"Its your birthday!" She exclaimed. Oh it is? I forgot all about it. After the party the week went by really quickly.

I had been hanging out with Tyler a lot in school. Everyday was kinda the same, band rehearsal and notes in my locker and missing Charlie.

We have been Skyping every night the past week. "Happy birthday!" Ariana snapped me out of my thoughts. "Thanks." I laughed and sat up. "So Vanessa called and she wants to take you out for the day." She smiled.

"What about you?" I asked. "Me, you, Vanessa and Frankie are going out for dinner tonight so your gonna get ready at her house so bring your dress." She instructed. "Oh and I almost forgot." She pulled out a small black box.

She handed it to me and I thanked her. I opened the lid to reveal a beautiful silver chain with a heart pendant. "Open the heart." She smiled. I did as she said and it revealed a picture of us when we were younger on one side and on the other, was a selfie we took when I first moved here.

"I- I love it." I stutteted and smiled widely. "I'm glad." She hugged me. "Now get ready because Vanessa will be here in a few." She stood up and exited the room.

I stretched and stood up. After taking a shower I changed into a black blouse and acid washed jeans with the ends turned up.

I tied my long hair up into a messy bun and applied a small amount of mascara to my eyelashes. I slipped on my black converse and placed my phone in my back pocket.

I skipped down the stairs into the kitchen to be met with a grinning Ariana. "What's got you all happy?" I asked. "I'm just really happy that You, Frankie and I are all gonna be back together." She answered. The doorbell rang and Ariana went to go answer it. "Sky its Vanessa!"

-

"I cannot believe you just did that!" Vanessa exclaimed through laughter as we exited Starbucks. "Hey a dare is a dare and you dared me to poor coffee on that guy who slapped your ass. So that is precisely what I did." I take a sip of my warm beverage.

"Oh my god that was hilarious." She laughed. "Hey he deserved it." I spoke. "Anywayyyy..." She dragged on. "How's Tyler?" She winked. "Okay before you start we're just friends." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh sure." She responded. "I'm being serious." I glared. "I'm sorry but I want you and Charlie together." She shrugged.
"I think you're made for each other." She added. "Stop." I rolled my eyes once again. "Do you have feelings for him?" She asked hopefully.

"And what about you huh? I have seen the way you look at Alan." I avoided the subject.

We spent ages talking and visiting different shops and its definitely what I needed.

"So what do you want to do now?" Vanessa asked as we sat down at a table in the food court. "I don't mind." I shrugged.

"Umm how about I text the boys and we go see a movie?" She suggested. "Sure." I smiled. She texted them and they all arrived within a half an hour.

After the movie it was about 8:30 so Vanessa and I went our separate ways from, Alan, Chris and Nathan. Once we reached her house we changed into our clothes and I honestly, really liked my dress. Even though I hate dresses, this one was the nicest I have ever worn.

"Can I do your makeup?" Vaness asked. "If you don't do it bold, natural." I nodded. She was wearing a black and white checked skirt with a white shirt.

She applied some substances to my face and within about ten minutes she was finally done. She turned me to face the mirror and I was really happy with the way I looked for once.