Time Jump

I pull my suitcase out of the trunk of the car and gaze at the familiar mansion before me.

It seems not too long ago, I was stood here, saying my goodbyes to the ones I love. That was a long time ago.

It dawns on me that nothing has changed but yet, everything is different.

"You okay?" Ariana asks me as I stare up at the large house. I smile and give a nod. I take a deep breath and follow Ari inside my former home. We quietly tiptoe into the living room where Luke, Jai, Beau, Skip, James and Shawn are gathered.

"Okay we've established the three possible reasons why Ariana gathered us all here today." Luke paces slowly, all professor like. "Number one, she's pregnant. Number two, Beau's pregnant and number three is," he pauses and looks up for dramatic effect but catches sight of me. "Sky!" He yells, racing towards me. He jumps up over the back of the sofa that's separating the two of us and tackles me to the ground in a hug.

"Sky?" I hear James ask. "Down here!" I laugh. Luke drags me off the ground and I'm attacked in hugs.

"Hey guys!" I laugh.

They all eventually release me and just stare me up and down, taking in my appearance.

"Rare sight everybody, Little miss model, Skyler Grande making an appearance in no other place but L.A." Skip comments with a smirk. "Sky what are you doing here?! I thought you were only getting here next week." Luke smiles.

"Well I finished my campaign up in New York early and figured I would surprise you guys." I shrug with a smile.

"Okay everyone stop crowding my baby sister, let's all sit down." Ari smiles. We do as she suggests.

"I can't believe it's been 2 years since you left." Shawn states. "We've missed you." Beau frowns. "Y'all saw me a few months ago." I chuckle. "Not the same as you living here with us." Luke sighs.

"Well I'll be here until after the wedding. And Frankie and mom are getting here on Tuesday." I state.

"Frankie is so excited to walk you down the isle." I add. "It's what dad would have wanted." Ariana nods. "I know." I agree, turning to the floor. When he comes up in conversation, he being my dad, I can't help but get emotional. "But congratulations to the happy couple on their engagement." I clap my hands together excitedly. "Thanks Sky, it'll be great having you around for the help." Jai gives my shoulder a friendly brush.

We all chat and laugh and I can't help but think of all I've missed out. I've missed having these people around all the time.

"So when's Liam coming up here?" Shawn winks. "Um I don't think he's coming up. We had a little fight before I left." I shrug.

"No he has to come to my wedding!" Ariana whines. "What did you guys fight about?" Shawn asks. "Because I'm apparently always so busy and I need to slow down and just relax after what's happened recently." I shrug.

"Sky, he's talking sense. You've been travelling everywhere since dad... Well you know. And it's not healthy all this stress and pressure you're putting yourself under." Ariana states, taking Liam's side over mine. I shouldn't be surprised. She adores Liam.

When I moved to London, two years ago with dad, I met Liam. He attended my Chemistry class and we became really close. We both went onto modelling careers which to be honest made us even closer. I became an editorial model, obviously not runway considering how short I am. So about a year ago, he asked me to be his girlfriend and I gladly said yes.