Goodbye Boca

Once I was finished packing all my clothes and photos into my bags I stood in the empty room. It looked much larger with everything gone. I remembered all the memories I had made in this house. I didn't know I would be sad to leave but this is going to be harder then I had imagined. "Skyler! Get ready for dinner" my mom called up the stairs. "Okay" I shouted back. I looked at the time. 5:48. Wow packing took much longer then I had thought. Great I packed away all my clothes and now I need to choose what to wear. I recalled putting a few dresses into my second suitcase. I unzipped the bag and opened it up. I pulled out the four dresses I had put in the bag and lay them out on the bed. I narrowed it down to two dresses but couldn't decide between them. One of them was a short pink V-neck dress. The other dress was short and black with bits cut out at the sides. I made my way downstairs to the living room. When I stepped into the room all eyes turned to me. Were they just talking about me?

"Mom, I need your help" I said. Wow that's a sentence I haven't said in years. She looked at me like she was going to burst with happiness. "Of course sweetie" she smiled. She followed me upstairs and into my room. "Which one" I said pointing to the two dresses. "Hmmm" she hummed. "Isn't the pink one Ariana's old dress?" She asked. I nodded. "Oh wow, my two little girls have grown up" she smiled. "The black one, black is really your colour" she added. "Thank you" I thanked. "Mom can I ask you something?" I asked. "You just did" she joked. I raised my eyebrow at her and she chuckled. "Okay what do you need to ask" she laughed. "Do you wish I was more like Ariana?" I asked seriously. "Of course not, don't get me wrong your sister is wonderful but she isn't what I want you to be " she smiled. "What do you mean?" I asked. "All I have ever wanted is my two little girls to grow up to be who they are, Frankie has done a great job of that and I knew he would. But with my girls I didn't know if you would be who you are. Especially you" she spoke whilst tucking my hair behind my ear. "Why especially me?" I asked. "Because Frankie became a famous dancer, Ariana is a singer and I thought you would be under so much pressure to be like them that you would lose yourself in the process. But to be honest I'm proud that you didn't give a fuck about being famous and you stayed true to yourself" my mom smiled. I laughed because she never curses and it sounded weird when she ever did. "You have become a beautiful young woman, you should be so proud of yourself" she added. "Thank you, but there is one more question" I spoke. "Do you ever wish that Ariana never moved away, do you think her moving away ruined our family?" I asked. "Of course not" she looked at me shocked. "Do you not wonder what life would be like if she didn't go!" I exclaimed. "Yes I do wonder but I wouldn't change her decisions for the world, its made her who she is today" she answered.

I nodded. "You should get dressed, I should too. I'll see you in a while" she said and left the room. I changed into the dress and put on a pair of black pumps. I sat at my old dresser and took out my makeup bag. I applied a small amount of foundation. After I did that I put on some concealer under my eyes. I applied some mascara and pink lip gloss. I stood up and looked in the full length mirror hanging on the wall. You can do this, it's only one night. "Skyler! Zoe is here" my mom shouted from downstairs. "Okay I'll be down soon!" I called back. You got this. I exited my room and made my way downstairs into the dining room. Everybody's faces turned towards me as I entered the room. "Skyler hunny, you're sitting beside Zoe and Luke" my mom informed me. I nodded and walked over to Zoe who was talking to Matthew. "I'm not interrupting or anything am I" I smirked. "No?" Zoe said confused. Matthew just laughed. "How long have you been dating" I winked. "Two weeks" Matthew smiled. "Ah bless" I giggled. "You look amazing" Zoe changed the subject. "Thank you" I curtsied jokingly. "What has you in such a good mood?" Matthew chuckled. "The fact that I can be happy" I smiled. It didn't make much sense but I knew what I meant and so did Matthew by the looks of it, but Zoe was still as confused as ever. The doorbell rang and my mom went to go get the door. "I shall leave you and love you" I chuckled as I walked away from them and over to Luke. "Play nice with your dad, for Ariana" he whispered to me. "I will, I promise" I agreed. "Skyler, come say hi to your dad" my mom told me as she was at the front door. I walked to the front door to see my father standing there. He looked different, he looked older and thinner. "Wow! Skyler its good to see you" he said. "Hey daddy" I greeted giving him a hug. I let go and walked to the dining room with them both following behind me. "Dinner will be served in a few minutes. Sit down" my mom informed us. Everybody took there seats and I took mine in between Luke and Zoe. Matthew was on the other side of Zoe so she was just talking to him. I felt like Zoe had replaced me before I had even left. "Sky?" Luke said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yeah?" I asked. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Just fine" I said bitterly. I know I was just being a selfish baby but this was the last night I could spend with Zoe and she would rather ignore me and talk to Matthew. My mom came out minutes later and served up the dinner. When everybody was settled my mom began the conversation. "So Matthew how's your mother?" She asked. "Much better thank you" he smiled. "Well I'm glad to hear it" she said happily. "So Skyler how is it in L.A.?" My dad asked. "Its actually much better then I thought it would be" I answered truthfully. "No boyfriends I hope" he joked.