Falling Down

"I um I, well." He stumbled over his words. "How long?" I asked firmly. "What?" He was confused by my question. "On tour. How long will you be on tour?" I repeated. "About four or five months." He spoke hushed. "And when do you leave?" I asked a little softer this time. "In two weeks." He said with a small sigh. I stared into his eyes, feeling tears starting to form. "How long have you known?" I questioned. "About three weeks." He looked down at the floor. He stared at it intently like it was the most interesting thing ever. "Three weeks ago?!" I repeated loudly, stepping away from him slightly. "Baby look I'm sor-" he began but I cut himo of. "No, you've known this for weeks and do you not think I deserved to know?!" I raised my voice even more. "Please I didn't know how to tell you." He extended his arm out. "No." I swatted him away. "I think you should go. I have homework I need to do." A tear slipped down my cheek but I was quick to wipe it away. "Sky!" He called out as I paced away quickly and up the stairs.

I slammed my bedroom door so hard I'm surprised it didn't fall off the hinges. I sat down on my bed and tucked my knees into my chest and my back against the wall. My thoughts were flying at ninety miles an hour. I broke down. Why did I just scream at him? I just went mental for no reason?

He's leaving me for months. He'll probably break up with me before he leaves. Maybe I need to bring back an old friend...

I heard the front door slam so I jumped up from my position on my bed and rumaged through my drawers, until I finally found it. I raced into the bathroom and took a deep breath before leaning back against the wall and holding the sharp, cool blade next to my wrist. I slipped down the wall and stared at my wrist, realising what I was doing. With tears streamed down my face I dropped the metal which fell to the floor with a cling.

My breathing became louder and faster as I looked around. I looked up and saw Charlie standing at the doorway. I never locked the door...

He held a facial expression of hurt and fear. He looked like at any seconds he could burst into tears. He raced over to my side and pulled me into his chest and I hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry." I whispered into the crook of his neck.

It suddenly all clicked then. Why I snapped at him so much, why I was so upset and wanted to be alone, why I haven't been sleeping. These past two weeks I've forgotten to take my medication.

Charlie's P.O.V.

"I think you should go. I have homework I need to do." A tear fell from her eye but she quickly wiped it away. She began running out of the room, "Sky!" I called out hoping she would come back but after a few moments I heard a door slam, hard. What do I do?

I made my way to the front door and swung it open. Don't leave. Go to her.

I pushed the door closed once again and took a deep breath. I slowly stepped up the stairs and made my way to the front of her bedroom door. I knocked quietly but there was no answer. I opened the door but nobody was there. I heard a soft cry from the bathroom. I walked over and pushed the door open to see Skyler sitting on the floor with a blade held to her wrist. I froze to the floor. No no no no.

Before she could run the blade through her skin she dropped it. It fell to the floor and she just stared at the shiny metal. She started freaking out then glancing around the room she eventually noticed me standing there. She stared and before she said anything I ran to her side and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry." She cried. "You didn't do it, that's all that matters." I whispered into her ear. She calmed down a little bit and pulled away. She looked at the sharp object and picked it up, causing my heart to drop. "Don't worry, I'm just putting it away." She defended. "By away you mean throwing it away right?" I panicked. She looked up from the ground. "Umm..." she trailed on. "You have to get rid of it." I held out my hand for her to put the blade into. She looked at me with pleading eyes. "Please no." She shook her head.