TWO

____________||||____________

{Another Place I Call Home}

___________||||___________

RHAENYRA SAT QUIETLY ON HER BED as she read a book about one of Aegon's conquests. She had been waiting in her room for Aeron. He had a little gift for her.

The thought of Aeron in her room made her feel butterflies. She blushed at the thought of his smile and laughter.

"May I come in?," Aeron said as he sticked his head into Rhaenyra's room. "Your already in," She giggled. Aeron shrugged.

"Not being caught by the guards is so easy once you learn their patterns," Aeron said as closed the door behind him.

He made his way next to Rhaenyra. He sat down on the bed with his legs crossed. Rhaenyra placed her book down and faced Aeron. "So, what is it that you want to give me?," Rhaenyra asked.

Aeron smiled and reached for his pocket and pulled out a silver collar with shining rubies. He placed it in her hands and chuckled at her reaction.

Rhaenyra traced her fingers across the ruby collar. "Here, let me put on," Aeron suggested and Rhaenyra nodded. She moved her hair slightly and Aeron lightly place the collar on her neck. With a slight clip, and it was on.

It fit her perfectly. "Thank you, Aeron," Rhaenyra said as she looked at herself in the mirror. "I will always wear it," She said as she touched it.

"Use it to remember me whenever I'm away at Driftmark or an where else," Aeron said as looked at Rhaenyra through the mirror. She smiled.

They stared at each other for a moment. Aeron came a bit closer until Rhaenyra could feel his breath on her. The sight and the feeling was making her feel warm.

"So how do you think the tournament will go?," Aeron whispered slightly in her ear, still admiring Rhaenyra from the mirror. He saw how Rhaenyra's face was beginning to turn pink from the sudden closeness.

He chuckled.

"I'm sorry," Aeron said with a grin. Then he smirked and quickly gave Rhaenyra a kiss on her cheek. Aeron had done this many times. This gesture was always a sign of "hello" or "Goodbye" they had.

But this time it was different. The kiss meant something different.

She quickly turned to face him. "What do you think you are doing?," She said, trying to act serious.