EIGHT

________||||________

{Duties & Bondings of a King}

________||||________

THREE YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE WAR BETWEEN the kingdoms of Atlantis began. Aeron remained with his people while in times they needed someone to lead them. He was able to prove himself worthy of the Atlantean throne and his birth right.

He was able to get the King of Valor, King Vessos on his side.

His half-brother Orm, finally yield and bowed down to his elder brother. Along with the many lords who fought with him. Orvax had blinded Orm into thinking that he was the rightful ruler of Atlantis and that he was to hold the trident of Atlan. When Orm found out about Aeron, he figured that it was just another bastard trying to steal the throne.

He only found out the truth when they came face to face and fought each other.

Orm was shocked to hear that Aeron wasn't any person. When Aeron was born, the gods were present to witness his birth. They blessed him with power of the Gods. They said that he was the person to unite both worlds, underneath and above.

All of Atlantis would see him as the King savior. He became just that.

Aeron was officially crowned King of the Oceans seven mouths later as he had shown his priority to the kingdom during the war.

During all of this, Aeron had grown finely. His hair became longer, showing his white silver ends and grew on some facial hair as well. His figure became more manly with a scar visible on his right brow.

His voice sounded like deep thunder on a stormy night. Intimidating yet suething. One thing that never changed were his ocean green eyes, still reflecting against the sun's rays. The eyes that use to match with violet hues.

But never did after that night.

Aeron had stopped sending letters after a year of not seeing Rhaenyra. He had been so caught up in his duties that didn't have time to write. She had also stopped sending letters.

The first year of messages each other, Aeron had found out that Alicent was going to be Queen. She didn't do it by choice, Virserys had to find a new queen and he had chosen Alicent.

After a year, Alicent gave birth to a son, Aegon. Aeron was happy for Alicent and Virserys but Rhaenyra wasn't. She expressed in her letter that she felt like she was being replaced and removed by her own father.

Aeron disagreed with her statement since Virserys made her his heir, it was said and written.

That's when Aeron stopped sending. Either he would forget to send the letter or too tired to write. But now that the war underneath is over, Aeron will be able to go back to the surface and see her again.