NINE

______||||_____

{Vows of White Sorrow}______||||______

______||||______

THE SOUND OF VAERON'S FLAPPING WINGS made a low thumping sound into Aeron's ear. The wind blew into his face as he breathed in. He looked down and saw a Vaeron's giant reflection on the water. "Sky Vaeron, Sky." Aeron said in Valyrian and Vaeron began to glide up above in altitude. The beast continued up wards until his rider saw the island where he grew up in. 

Driftmark. 

From the island far across, four special people were waiting for his landing. "Oh my Gods, there he is." Laena shouted excitedly. She ran quickly towards the gates of the castle. "Where?!" Laenor asked loudly as he followed his twin sister. Corlys and Rhaenys were walking right behind them. 

"I've never seen them this excited since their birthdays." Rhaenys said to her husband with a chuckle. Corlys smiled. "It has been 4 summers since they have seen their older brother." He said.

Vaeron landed swiftly over a cliff as Aeron got off with a hop. "Aeron!" Laena shouted as she ran towards him. Aeron smiled excitedly and ran towards as well. Both siblings crashed into a bear hug. Laena couldn't stop laughing as Aeron spun her around. It has been to long since he saw his little sister. He finally set her down and moved back. 

"Look at you, you've grown so much." Aeron said brightly. Laena giggled. 

Laenor finally reached them. "Oh gods, my ribs hurt." He said as gasped for air as he held his chest. Aeron laughed and picked up his youngest brother. Poor Laenor almost suffocated into the bear hug. 

"Ok, you can put me down now." Laenor said with strained voice. The young Velaryon almost lost his balance as he was set down. 

"Look at that, Laena isn't taller than you anymore." Aeron said as he placed a hand on his brothers shoulder. "Hey, that stays in the past okay." Laenor said. 

"Oh Aeron, stop pestering your brother." Rhaenys said as moved to hug her son. Aeron returned the hug. "It's nice to see again, mama" Aeron said with a calm voice. 

After some time passed, the Velaryons went back inside the castle. Aeron was being dragged by Laena through the halls. They ran past their house banners and ancient swords held by old lords of this castle. They finally arrived at a door. Aeron opened it to reveal his old room. 

His old curtains waved against the wind as the balcony was open. When he walked inside, he saw that his bear was still spread out on the floor and the first sword he made was on display over his bed. Laena stood by the door as she watched her brother reminisce his old memories. "I'll be in the common room, take your time to settle in. Oh, and don't forget that dinner is a hour." She said in her soft voice. Aeron looked at his sister and nodded.