THREE

__________||||__________

{Vain}

________||||_________

AERON WAS SURPRISED THAT HIS UNCLE had snapped at him. He had never done that before. I guess he didn't approve of Rhaenyra.

"What are you doing courting the princess of Westros?! Do you know how dangerous that is for our people?!," Vulko yelled in a whisper. Aeron was confused. It wasn't like Rhaenyra knew about Atlantis, she only knew about his powers and that was it. He told that they came from the old gods and some of that was true.

"Uncle, how is courting Rhaenyra a danger to Atlantis?," Aeron said with slight chuckle, trying to relieve the tension.

"Aeron, do you not see, she is the oldest heir of Virserys and she is to be the ruler of the surface realm. This possibly could be the cause for us to be revealed," Vulko said, sternly.

Aeron had forgotten that his uncle didn't know how women were treated in the surface world. To him, it made sense that Rhaenyra was an heir to the Iron throne. Here in Atlantis, women were allowed to decide in laws and have high ranks.

Like Althea, despite being a female, she was surely one of the most fearless and skilled Atlanteans to ever step on the Ring of Fire.

"I didn't tell you but women up there, they are not allowed to enter such ranks, especially when it comes to monarchy," Aeron said, as look out to the ring to see his champion continue her fight with another challenger.

"Now that makes sense, I knew you wouldn't endangered out people if you knew what you were doing," Vulko said, relieved.

"But who knows, Rhaenyra could be the first to ascend the throne, if the unborn child is in fact a girl," Aeron said.

"If it does come to that, then I hope, like a true king, you think with your head," Vulko said.

••••

Aeron walked through the hall towards the tournament, not expecting to find the princess to arrive at the same time as him.

He smiled as he saw that she was wearing his collar necklace he gave her yesterday.

"Well hello, princess," He greeted Rhaenyra in a sly tone. She rolled her eyes. "May I?," He said, offering his arm for her to hold. Rhaenyra smirked

"What a gentleman," she said with a grin and they made their way the stairs, that leaded to the balcony where they would watch the Jousting tournament. The cheering of the crowd became louder as they continue up the stairs.