FIVE

_______||||_______

{My World}

_______||||_______

AERON AND RHAENYRA HAD NOT SEEN each other in a day. Which usually never happens when they know that they can see each other. Aeron was too busy with the council meetings and his family preparing to depart from the Red Keep.

During the night, before leaving, Aeron sat on the cold beach. Listening to the waves splash against the sand. He breathing was steady as he wrapped his legs against his chest.

Just up the cliff behind him, the funeral of the queen and the prince had taken place. The ashes were still there but not burning.

As Aeron stared at the ocean, his mind went back to the council meeting. The King had made a drastic decision that would change everything. He made Rhaenyra his heir. Aeron had suspicion that something like this would happen but he didn't think it would happen so soon.

Aeron groaned to himself. He loved Rhaenyra, but her being the heir to the throne challenged him. If he were to be involved with Rhaenyra he would eventually have to reveal Atlantis. It couldn't hide forever and he knew that.

The pressure suffocating him. It was either Love or his duty as future King of an unknown kingdom.

Soft steps were heard behind him. When he turned around, his green-ocean eyes met light violet eyes. He smiled at Rhaenyra as she sat down next to him. She held her blanket tightly.

"I can't sleep," She said as she placed her head on his shoulder. "What's on your mind?" Aeron said as he wrapped his arm over her shoulder.

Rhaenyra stayed silent for a moment. "The throne," She sighed. "I'm sure you heard."

Aeron swallowed hard. This was his moment to tell her the truth. To tell her about his world.

He slowly got up and stretched out his hand to pick her up. They moved closer to the water. "Come, I want to show you something," He said as he let go of Rhaenyra's hand and entered the water. "Aeron, I don't feel like swimming, it's cold," She said, still on the shore.

Then, Aeron's arms glowed blue. Showing his Atlantean markings, he moved the water, making a pathway for the silver haired girl. Rhaenyra smiled as walked towards him. She caressed his cheek and kissed him.

"Show me," She whispered. Aeron grabbed both of her hands and moved her deeper into the water. They kissed again.

Rhaenyra's hands caressed the white tips of his hair, up to his brown roots. They slowly sank into the water, still kissing. She looked into Aeron's eyes and they were glowing green. He looked beautiful.