SIX

________||||________

{Princes and Princesses of Atlantis}

________||||________

DURING THE MOMENTS THAT RHAENYRA NEEDED Aeron more than ever, he was at drift mark settling some issues with his father Corlys.

The Velaryons had just finished a meeting on how to deal with the new uprising triarchy of the crab feeder.

"I just don't understand why this couldn't wait," Aeron complained to his father as they walked through halls where he grew up. "I promise Laenor I would take him for a ride with Vaeron."

They had left a few days after the queens funeral at dawn. All he could do was leave a note for the princess and that was it. He'd have to send a raven back to the Reep Keep soon. He didn't want to leave on bad terms with Rhaenyra.

Corlys and Aeron were on their way to the beach of the island to meet a fellow Atlantean.

As the ocean roared against the shore, Vulko stood patient, waiting for the prince and Lord Velaryon to approach. He slowly bowed to Aeron, showing his respect. "Lord Velaryon, a pleasure to make an acquaintance once again," Vulko said with grin.

Corlys and Vulko were both old friends. When they were young, they use to take trips around with his ships.  Through Vulko, Corlys and Elyse were able to connect with each other and form a relationship.

"Same here old friend," Corlys said.

"I heard what happened to the Queen and prince, my deepest condolences to Virserys and Rhaenyra," Vulko said Aeron.

"We are all pretty beat up about it, more the King and princess," Aeron said.

From the shore, an Atlantean ship arrived, ready for the three men. Corlys could never get over the advance technology the Atlanteans possessed. He stared in awe as the doors opened for them and got in. They descended into the depths of the sea. The ship passed by old ruins of Atlantis and pirate ships.

"I remember the last time I came down here," Corlys said as he looked out to the beauty of the ocean. "It was when I said yes to your mother to become her mate," He said with a relaxed expression.

Corlys had accepted the fact of the queen of Atlantis being dead. She had been missing for a decade and no one has been able to trace her. But Aeron hasn't lost hope. He still believes that she is out there, trying to get back home.

The only problem he faces now is his half-brother, Orm. After Elyse left Aeron with Corlys and Rhaenys, she had given birth to another son. Orm's father, a War Lord, Orvax, was supposed to be Queen Elyse's "true mate", but when he found out about Corlys and Aeron, he went berserk.