FOUR

_________||||_________

{Two Souls}

________||||________

IT ALL HAPPENED SO FAST TO Aeron. Just yesterday he was with the Queen, giving her words of encouragement before her labors. Now... Her dead body was in front him, along with the child that died.

All he could do was stare. Something inside tugged on him, an emotion that he hadn't experienced. His throat felt dry in the worst way.

"I wish we could have talked on better circumstances," a valyrian voice said. Aeron looked behind him as Daemon approached him. "Me too," Aeron said with a small smile.

They did not continue. Daemon kept his serious face and Aeron closed his eyes, not wanting to be in the moment.

But someone needed him to be in the moment with them.

He heard light sniffing next to him, Rhaenyra tried to hide her tears but she couldn't take it anymore. She tried to cover her sobs by covering it with her hand but that only made her sob more.

Aeron lightly placed his hand on her back and moved her hand away from her mouth.

"It's going to be okay," Aeron said in valyrian as Rhaenyra hugged him tightly and silently cried on his shoulder. Aeron noticed Alicent standing not to far behind them. She gave him a sad look but she never budged to hug Rhaenyra or to try to console her.

Alicent just stood there alone, but of course, Aeron never knew about the growing jealousy she had for Rhaenyra.

"This isn't fair," Rhaenyra whispered as she leaned her head onto Aeron's chest, looking at her mother's wrapped corpse. "I lost my mother and brother along with her," she said.

Virserys had turned around, hearing the whispers of his daughter's crying. He was going to comfort her but he saw that someone already beat him to it. Virserys lightly smiled at Aeron and Aeron looked to the ground.

A few moments passed and the silence remained.

Aeron slowly let go of Rhaenyra's embrace and wiped her tears away from her cheeks. "They are waiting for you, Princess," Aeron said softly and kissed her forehead. Rhaenyra looked back again to the bodies in front of her and pain over whelmed her all over again.

"I wonder if, during those few hours my brother lived, my father finally found happiness," She said. Her heart aching to be released from suffering.

"You are all he has right now, Nyra, he needs you, more now than he ever has," Aeron said as he kept his hand on her back.

"I will never be a son," Rhaenyra said, her voice shaking.

"You don't need to be," Aeron said. He hated when she pushed herself down. For all he knew, Rhaenyra didn't need to become what her father wanted her to be.

The Princess stood forward, ready to command Syrax. The never word came. She had to swallow her tears down and try again. She turned her head to her father for a sign of help or confirmation, but Virserys was to stunned, not being able to process his dead wife.

Rhaenyra's eyes shifted to Aeron. The glint of light in his green-ocean eyes was all she needed to say the word.

"Dracarys"

Syrax moved heavily towards the corpses. Her steps shaking the ground beneath them and with one breathe, she burned them. Rhaenyra looked away and Aeron stared at the flames. Then at the ocean.

____________________

Ik this is a really short chapter I just needed this moment for them.
🥺

See you next chapter my beautys 🌹😽