03

 "WHY Y/N IS THE ONLY FEMALE PLAYER?"

"Yes, that's my question!" Anri confirmed.

Ego turned to the computers and brought up a few files of Y/N.

"She was supposed to be an assistant, but with her potential...I couldn't leave her out of the field.

"Is the that great of a player? She was amazing during the tests!" Anri excitedly asked.

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine. It was pretty rare that I came across her," Ego continued. "Even before I recruited her, I dug up some info on her...it was really fucked up y'know."

"H-Huh?! How can that be? She seems wonderful!" Anri defended you.

Even through a screen, Anri admired you the most. Geniuses like you were a rare find, and you seemed amazing at everything. How could she not fangirl over you?

"There's been huuh..." Ego used his fingers to count. "One...two...three...four...five. There's been five murder cases connected to her."

"W-What?! That can't be right!" Anri exclaimed. She simply couldn't believe it.

Ego sighed in annoyance.

"It's not like Y/N was the one involved in the killing," He explained. "The first murder was of a seven year old with short black hair and turquoise eyes, who was pushed into the river at a camping site. The culprit was of an eight year old who was close friends with Y/N at the time. His parents noticed strange behaviour leading up until that point."

"That's...horrible! I hope Y/N and those families are okay!" Anri gasped.

"Horrifying, isn't it? The second murder took place at the school Y/N was attending. Many witnesses said Y/N had rejected a confession from someone, but later on in the day accepted the confession of another. The kid who was rejected stabbed the other with a box cutter then killed himself." Ego explained, watching Anri's distressed face.