11

_______________________________
THE MATCH BETWEEN TEAM Z AND V STARTED.

Kick off!

Reo dashed off with the ball, while Isagi reviewed what he head learned from watching him through clips.

He ran in front of him, with Bachira, forcing him to pass.

It got to Zantetsu, who was also forced to pass.

Then, it started towards Nagi.

But before he could get to it, Igarashi blocked it with his head, before passing it back to Isagi.

Isagi passed it to Bachira, to start their counter.

You stood close to the net, near Gagamaru.

You saw the ball coming towards your direction.

"Finally!" You smiled.

But your face dropped when it came to Gagamaru, who tried hitting with his head.

And missed.

You just shared in shock and anger.

"He didn't pass to me? And passed to Gagamaru, who missed!" You angrily thought.

They started pumping each other up, being all positive after they just missed a goal.

"How's that even possible! They just missed a goal!"

Reo just stared, before urging Nagi to do the same thing.

"I'd rather not..." Nagi just sighed.

Isagi stared at them in confusion.

Then, Reo kicked the ball across to Nagi, who easily hit it in the net.

It was the same thing team Z had just done, except it worked.

"Well that was easy." Nagi simply said. "I don't get why you didn't let Y/N do it."

"Yeah, I don't get it either." You said, glaring at your teammates.

What's the point of leaving you out of the strategy if you were let on to the field to play?

"Now I don't care if you idiots loose." You bitterly told yourself.

Kunigami started with the ball, running towards his shooting range area.

You easily saw when he faked shooting. And so did Reo, who popped up beside him to steal the ball.

Then, Reo passed to Nagi again, who easily did a part back flip to score.

2-0

"Pathetic." You scoffed, crossing your arms.

You refused to help them unless they asked.

This time, team Z started with Isagi doing a long pass to Chigiri.

But Zantetsu caught up to him, stealing the ball.

After passing to Reo, who passed back, Zantetsu easily scored another goal for team V.

Team V stared in shock, loosing hope.

You didn't feel bad at all.

You heard Isagi start to say something.

"Maybe we should start the back up plan and let Y/N-" he started to say.

But Raichi glared at him and told him to shut it.

Only once person still had a fighting spirit left.

Bachira, who started on his own.

With a pass from Isagi, he was already flying down the field, and even got pass both Reo and Zantetsu.

After passing a few more players, he scored an impressive first goal for team Z.

He pointed at you.

"Did you see that, Y/N? That right there was my super special goal."

"Is he trying to impress me or something? Because I'm not impressed." You just stood there without saying anything.

After a few more words, Bachira had everyone in team Z feeling pumped up again.

You didn't bother watching, but from the cheering later, you could tell team Z scored another goal.

Then, at halftime, you and the team were in the locker room.

Everyone avoided your gaze, as they started to praise Kunigami, his goal, and started talking about how to use their weapons.

Bachira grabbed you by the arm, and whispered to you; "They kept you out of the game, because they thought you might've been on team V'a side. They thought you might've betrayed them like Kuon. It's 'cause were super super close with team V's main three yesterday."

Your eyes narrowed and you felt even angrier that they would think you'd betray your team.

For the rest of the game, nobody bothered passing to you, even when hope was lost.

But team Z eventually ended up winning.

How disappointing.

They cheated to win, because of Kuon.

You wanted to see them loose.

Look at them celebrating over something they didn't deserve.

Team V should've won.

You waited for Bachira and Isagi, after the game.

They came into the cafeteria, while the others were back in the room.

Isagi flinched when he saw you standing there.

"Hey." You simply greeted.

"Y/N!" Isagi yelled. He quickly ran over to you, and wrapped his arms around you.

"I-I'm really sorry-the others said to leave you out, because they thought you might've betrayed up like Kuon-" he started to apologize.

"I already know. Bachira already told me." You pushed his arms off you.

Isagi turned around and gave Bachira a look you didn't understand.

"It's been a while." A voice said, behind you. "Am I interrupting something?" Niko asked.

"It was never something in the first place." You responded, before walking back to the room,

LEAVING ISAGI AND BACHIRA TO TALK TO NIKO.