5.3

[past] Hiro Chapter

[past] Hiro Chapter

"IT'S NOT...FAIR."

Hiro's eyes widened as he stared at the back of the seven year old girl he liked.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" She smiled, handing a small box of chocolates and a valentines card to a boy in front of her.

Hiro clenched his fists, crushing the flower and candy in them.

"Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Y/N." The boy in front of Y/N smiled.

"Hey," another boy approached Y/N. "No valentine for me?" He asked.

Y/N stuck out her tongue.

"No way! I only like Rin!" She put her hands on her hips.

Rin stuck out his tongue too.

"Rin, sharing is caring you know. I'm your older brother." Sae insisted, reaching for the chocolate.

"No! It's mine! Y/N have it to me!" Rin refused. "Y/N only gave chocolates to me, right Y/N?"

"Yeah! Hands off, Itoshi!" Your eyes went to look to the side, where Hiro was.

"Of course I only have chocolates to Rin. Who else would give any to?"

-

"Hiro, honey? Are you okay?" His mother crouched beside him.

"Are you hurt?" She worried.

Hiro bit down hard on his lip, causing it to bleed.

Memories flashed through his head.

"Hiro, you're my only friend!"

"Rin is my new best friend."

"You're the only one I call by first name, Hiro!"

"Rin!"

"I don't let anyone else call me by my first name, Hiro."

"...Right, Y/N?"

"I'm your best friend, Hiro. Nobody can change that. Nothing can come in between us, right? Promise!"

"She...She...promised..." Hiro shook.

"Oh, honey...did something happen with Y/N?" Hiro's mom asked.

"She...replaced me. SHE REPLACED...ME! She promised! SHE promised!" Hiro teared up.

"Hiro, It's okay. All friends go through tough times! I'm sure she's still your best friend!" His mom reassured.

"No...she said it herself. She said...we'd always be together, nothing could separate us!" Hiro sniffled.

"Don't cry!" His mom pulled him into a hug. "You'll be best friends again in no time."

"Really?" Hiro asked, teary.

"Really, really." His mom promised, smiling.

-

"Hiro! Guess what!" Hiro's mom jumped around excitedly.

"What do you want?" Hiro glared at his mom.

His mom paused before continuing.

"I've decided...we could go on a short vacation! To cheer you up!" She smiled.

"I don't want a vacation." Hiro said.

His mom frowned before getting up to leave him alone.

"I just want Y/N. I wish Rin would just disappear!" Hiro grit his teeth.