04

"ARE YOU COMING OVER LATER?"

An eight year old boy asked.

He skipped towards you, shoes crunching against the park's grass.

"Hm? Oh, Hiro." You greeted.

"So? Are you coming over later? My mom is baking cookies!" Hiro excitedly told you.

"I'm not coming over today...I'm playing with someone else."

Hiro's eyes widened in shock.

"W-What?" He stuttered. "I'm your best friend!"

"No, you're my friend. I have a new best friend!" You turned away from the boy, crossing your arms.

"No! You can't do that! That's not. Fair!" He sniffled.

"Hmph, see? Your gonna cry over nothing. It's not a biggie deal." You sighed, rolling your eyes.

"But you're my only friend, Y/N! And I'm your best friend!" Hiro cried.

"Not anymore. I don't want to be your friend anymore, Ysuuki." You turned around, your back facing him.

"Why're you calling me by my last name? Don't leave me! You're my bestest friend! I didn't do anything wrong! It isn't fair!" Hiro continued to cry.

"Bye Ysuuki. Win me back if you want to. I'm gonna play with my new best friend, Rin, who's better than you." You started to walk away.

Hiro Ysuuki cried. His first friend...and childhood crush was leaving him for someone named Rin.

"We're you ever my friend?! Y/N! I LIKE-LIKE YOU!" He screamed.

You paused, stopping to turn around.

You smiled.

"I like you too,"

"R-Rea─?!"