The Waves Of The Sea

Seto breathed in a deep breath, and let it out, and watched as the fog from his breath disappeared into the wind.

"This is one of the few places I remember having with my biological parents before they passed."

Seto said while he kept on staring out at the sea with a cold expression across his face.

"...right. I keep forgetting you're actually adopted by a rich and crazy old man."

Joey spoke, and stare out at the sea as well.

"Must be nice, having at least some good memories of your parents. I can't say I have any good memory of my biological family whatsoever. Frankly, they're all just bad. I got good memories with ma sis.. but that's about it... but you probably have some good memories with ya stepdad too, right? Well, before he went all crazy and downloaded his mind into a computer and all that shit-"

Joey sighed out and rubbed his arm as it was getting cold. Seto glanced down at Joey, meeting his gaze as Joey looked up at him. Joey was shocked over the expression Seto now had. His icy cold expression had turned into pure anger and his eyes were filled with rage.

"What makes you think that my stepfather wasn't insane from the very beginning? He was a money hungry demon. Existing to cause pain and misery to me and others around the world. The fact that me and Mokuba was ever adopted was because of the only good thing he ever did in his life, and that was to visit a children's home to donate money, which was only done because he wanted to keep his image clean for the public eye, so that others wouldn't see what I had to see in him. He wanted to be seen as a hero. A hero who created and sold any destruction he could get his hands on in order to keep his country rich and powerful, he even sold my very own creation, the VR machine I made to murder thousands of people... I created it as a getaway from this world, but he saw the potential in it, and sold it to the military for them to use and learn how to shoot and kill others with. That's when I knew I had to take over. I didn't care how young I was. I needed to take over and end that old bastards life... It took me some time, but I guess that once I did, that ended up being my favorite memory of us together."

Seto took a pause as he realized how much he was talking and covered his mouth as he was in disbelief from his own actions. He didn't dare to look at Joey, as he could only imagine the fear in his eyes as he now had told the blonde boy what a monster he truly was. Joey on the other hand kept staring at Seto with a gentle expression across his face. He placed his hand over Seto's and uncovered his mouth.

"I guess you had to do what you had to do in order to survive, eh?"

Joey simply said, as he flashed a big, bright smile towards him. A smile Seto didn't expect at all. The shock took the brunette by surprise. So much so, that he couldn't help but to smile back and him. It was a gentle, loving kind of smile, the kind that was so rare that Joey had never ever seen before.

"You know... you look good smiling. You should do more of that!"

Seto now grinned at Joey's comment.

"Only you can change someone's mood so fast..."

Seto muttered out amused, and Joey tilted his head to the side, confused over what Seto meant by that but was too fixated on wanting to see Seto smile again that he didn't care.

"Oh cmon! Pleasseee!"

Joey expressed himself while still holding onto Seto's hand who was now holding Joey's as well.