Chapter 3

I awoke to his voice. I opened my eyes to find he was not there beside me. I sat up and looked around. There were boxes stacked in with me. I peeked around out the window to see Lalo. He was on the phone talking to someone.

He was rambling in Spanish and I couldn't make out what he was saying. Shortly after he hung up the phone and walked back to the van. I quickly layed back down, pretending to be asleep. The door opened.

"Hey, Mi Amor ?", he asked, closing the door. My mind started to race thinking of all the bad ways this could end. I quickly tried to push the bad thoughts away, before opening my eyes and sitting up.

He studied my expression."What's wrong?", he asked, sitting beside me.

I hesitated for a moment. "Why am I still here? What do you even want me for?" I was starting to get upset. What did they want me to do?

"Well," he paused, "We need your help."

"With what?", I thought for a moment, "What could I possibly do for you?'

He sighed, "The truth is me and my family are a part of the cartel. One of the men we work with is my tio's rival. Gustavo Fring." Now I was confused. I've never heard of him. I wished he would just get to the point.

"You, mi amor, are gonna be our leverage. You are Michaels granddaughter right?" My heart dropped. He can't possibly think pop pop works for a member of the cartel. Right?

"Leverage? What do you want in return for me?"

"Your grandfather is a very strategic man. He's very good at what he does. Which is why we need him to be our man on the inside."

"And what happens after you're done with us? Are you gonna kill us?"

"What!? No, I would never hurt you y/n! I promise. And know that I am a man of my word."

"What about my grandpa? Promise you won't hurt him either?" I asked. I'm still in disbelief that pop pop could be working for these people.

He hesitated, "As long as he cooperates... there shouldn't be a problem."

He could tell I was worried. He stood up and he held out his hand, "Here, let me show you."

I hesitated for a moment. "Ok." I finally agreed, and stood up to take his hand. He took the blindfold back out and was about to put it back on me, until I stopped him.

"Is this really necessary?" I asked.

"Well we can't have you seeing where we're at, now can we? I mean, after all you are my little hostage." he smirked.

Now I am really annoyed. Did he actually think 'my little hostage' would make me like him? As if I was his. "Fine." I said, in defeat. He tied the blindfold around my eyes and led me out and to a building. It echoed like another warehouse. He removed the blindfold. I was right. Another warehouse.

We walked to the middle of the room and he sat me down in a chair. He grabbed some rope from a nearby table and walked back toward me. "Ok I have to tie you up just one last time for this video. Then no more rope, that's it. I trust you enough to not have to restrain you the whole time we're together." He said while tying me up. He pointed his finger at me, "Don't make me regret it." He added with another smile.

I was so infatuated by his smile. This man is a walking Lana Del Ray song. What the hell is wrong with me snap out of it. "Why do we have to make a video? Wouldn't a phone call be good enough?"

"Sure a phone call is good but Michael is a smart man. We need evidence that I actually have you. Plus I've found that seeing the terror in a loved one's eyes can be a very effective motivator." He walked back to the table to grab a video camera.

"You sound like you've done this a few times." I said as he walked back to me.

"Mmm more than a few." He said nonchalantly. "Now, I want to see some kicking and screaming, maybe some tears, feel free to improvise a little."

I rolled my eyes. Am I seriously gonna help him make a hostage video to send to my grandpa who's supposedly a friend of the cartel? What the hell happened to my life.

"Oh I almost forgot," he added, "Duct tape." He shook the duct tape in his hand and kneeled in front of me. His face was so close to mine as he applied a piece over my mouth. He held my face in one hand while smoothed the duct tape over my lips with his thumb. We sat there for a moment keeping eye contact. I couldn't look away. His deep dark eyes pierced into mine. He smirked as he stood back up, making me snap out of it.

"Ok start the kicking and screaming." He pointed at me while facing the other direction. I did what he said while he opened the camera and started to record. "Hello Michael. I've tried to call you a few times but I think you're ignoring me." He chuckled. "So I figured I'd take a more intense measure to get your attention." He pointed the camera toward me. "I have the beautiful y/n here with me. I'd like to keep her but I think you'd rather have her back. You know, in one piece."

He pointed the camera back toward him. "Now you have my number Michael I suggest you call it. We have many things to discuss." He closed the camera. "Aye you did so good mi amor. You could be an actress."

If only he knew I wasn't acting. I was scared. Not for me but for pop pop. I have a weird feeling that Lalo won't hurt me. I don't know why considering he's... well, Lalo.

"Ignacio!" He yelled, making me jump out of my thoughts. The man walked over to us and Lalo handed him the camera. "Drop this off to our friend Michael please." He turned back to me and smiled. "Now we wait."