Chapter 13

I wake up to an empty bed. Maybe he's making breakfast. I sit up and see a note laying on the nightstand next to me.

"Good morning beautiful, I'm sorry I'm not there right now. I was in a rush this morning and didn't want to wake you. But don't worry, I had time to make you breakfast.

-Lalo"

I sigh and get out of bed. I guess I have the house to myself. Well, not totally to myself. I see Lalo's men standing outside the perimeter. I throw on some pants and go eat my breakfast. God he's an amazing cook.

I don't really know what to do so I decide to watch tv while I eat. I search through the channels but nothing's really on.

I hear my phone ringing from the kitchen. I run over and grab it right in time.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this y/n?" A man answers.

"Yeah." I replied. Who is this?

"Your car is ready if you want to come pick it up." Oh, it's the guy from the auto shop.

"Oh ok sounds good. Thank you!" I hang up and finish eating.

While I'm getting ready my phone starts ringing again. This time It's pop pop. Shit. I decided to answer it. "Hey."

"Hey kid. How are you?" He asks.

"I'm doing better." I say.

"That's good. I'm glad." His voice sounds upset. "I just wanted to check on you after everything that happened."

"Thanks." I don't really know what else to say.

"So what are you doing today?" He asks.

"Not much. Kinda just hanging around." God please make this less awkward.

"Um, would you-" he starts to stutter. "Would you mind if I came by? I really wanna see you."

I think for a moment. He can't come to Lalo's. "Yeah. I'll come to you though. I'm gonna pick up my car from the shop and then I'll be on my way."

"It's finally ready?"

"Yeah. They called me today."

"Nice. Took them long enough." He chuckles. "Anyways, I'll see you in a little bit then."

"Ok, love you." I say.

"Love you too kid. Bye." He hangs up the phone. I let out a big sigh and finish getting ready.

I need a ride to get to my car. Damn it. I'll just call skinny, he's probably not busy. "Hey girl what's up?" He answers.

"Hey, are you busy right now? I need a ride to my car. They finally fixed it."

"Yeah fo sho. Where you at?" He asks.

I walk outside to see the address. I give him the directions and hang up. I get my bag and walk outside to the front gate. One of Lalo's men is standing there with a gun. I smile to him awkwardly and he opens the gate. I sit out on the curb and wait.

Soon skinny Pete pulls up and rolls his window down. "Damn girl! You got a sugar daddy or something!?"

I laugh. "Nah man, it's my boyfriend's place."

His eyes widened. "You got a guy already? Man, badgers gonna freak." He says. I frown. I don't want badger to get upset but I also don't want to have to hide Lalo. I've done enough of that already.

We pull up to the auto shop. "Yo, we're gonna hit up the club later if you wanna come."

"Definitely. Send me the details and I'll be there."