Chapter 8

A stream of sunlight gleams across my face waking me up. My eyes adjust to my surroundings. I'm laying against Lalo's chest while he holds me in his arms. Memories of last night flash in my mind. Holy shit it actually happened. What the hell is wrong with me? A phone rings and snaps me out of my thoughts. It can't be mine, I left it at home. Lalo starts to stir and wakes up.

"Cállate" He groans, ignoring it. The phone rings again and he picks it up. "What?"

I can hear the voice on the other end. It's my grandpa. "Where is she?" He shouts.

"Aye dios mio, calm down old man. Where is who?" He replies.

"You know who. Where is y/n?"

"You really wanna know?" I can practically hear the smirk form on Lalo's face.

I sit up and snatch the phone out of his hands. "Hey, it's me." I say as I lay back down on Lalo's chest. He strokes my hair gently.

"Where the hell are you? I wake up and you're not here. You left your phone. I got no idea wh-"

I cut him off. "I'm fine, I promise. I just needed a break from everything. I'm sorry I worried you."

"Where are you?" He repeats.

"I'm at Lalo's. I slept on the couch."

"I told you to stay away from him. What the hell is going on between you two?"

"Nothing." I lied. "He's my friend." I hear Lalo chuckle underneath me at the thought of us being just friends. I don't really know what we are.

"Bullshit. Get home now before I call your mother and tell her what kind of "friends" you have."

I thought for a moment. "No. I'll come home when I want to. I love you pop pop but you're just gonna have to accept it." I hung up the phone.

"Wow." Lalo said. "I didn't know you had it in you."

"Me either. Was it too harsh?" I started to overthink it.

"No, it was perfect." He assured me. "Are you hungry?"

"A little." I responded.

"You should eat. Get your energy back up. Especially after what we did last night." He smirked.

"Really? And what did we do last night?" I asked teasingly.

"I'll show you." He said before pulling me on top of him and kissing me.

He sat up with me as I tried to pull away. "I think I'd rather eat breakfast." I said while climbing off of his lap. He scoffed.

I got out of bed forgetting I was only in my bra and underwear. I picked up my torn dress and showed it to Lalo. "What am I gonna wear?"

He got out of bed and went to his closet. He threw on some clothes then pulled out a black shirt and gave it to me. I put it on but it was a little short and showed my butt when I lifted my arms. "What about pants?" I asked.

"Nope." He smiled. I glared at him. "What, you look good in no pants." He laughed and walked toward the door.

"You want me to walk out there, in front of your men, like this?"

"If any of them look at you I'll kill them." He said dismissively while walking to the kitchen.

"That's not funny." I said, trying to catch up to him.

"Kind of is." He yelled over his shoulder, already in the kitchen.

I went to the living room and turned on the tv. The news was talking about a guy who died. They showed his picture, he looked kind of familiar. Then it hit me. It's the guy who grabbed me at the club. I stand there too stunned to even move. They say his face was all bruised like he was beat up and then shot. They thought someone mugged him but there was nothing missing from him.