Chapter 15

A confused look takes his face. He glances between me and the road before pulling over. We sit there for a moment before he finally speaks. "Wow." He chuckles in disbelief. "Was it on purpose or an accident?" He's looking at me with excitement in his eyes.

"Does it matter?" I ask. I fidget with his hand some more.

"No, but if you're gonna tell a story you may as well tell it right." He joked. He looks like a little kid on the edge of his seat as if he was waiting to hear the best story in the world.

"I messed up." I sighed. "I was drunk and high and I got into an accident. That's why my car was in the shop for so long." I look back up at him. He's listening intensely. "It was the anniversary of my dad's death and I was so upset that I kinda lost it and took off."

"Why didn't you tell me any of this before?" He asks.

"I don't know, I guess I didn't want you to know how much of a mess I am." I let out a small chuckle.

"So what?" He replies. I look back at him confused. "If you think you're a mess, I'd hate to know what you think of me." He laughs.

I smile. "You're not a mess." I say softly.

He smiles back and leans in to kiss me. His lips leave mine but his face remains in front of me. "Oh mi amor, If only you knew." He smirks and pulls away to start the car. What the hell does that mean?

We drive back to his place and he makes me some breakfast. He gets a call from nacho saying they need him. He gets ready to leave and kisses me on the head. "You're not gonna disappear on me again, right?"

I shake my head no. He sets a finger under my chin and slightly lifts it so I would look at him. "I promise."

He smiles and kisses me once. "Good girl." He grabs his keys and walks out the door.

After everything that happened, I definitely need to relax today. I throw on a bikini and lay outside by the pool. The sun warms my skin and I start to feel better. I pull out my phone to call Jesse.

"Hey." I murmur.

"Yo, what's up?"

"I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. I was totally out of line and I fucked up. I'm really sorry for the things I said."

"It's all good man, we're just worried about you." He replies.

"Thanks Jesse."

"How are you feelin now?" He asks.

"Not great but I'm doing better. Are badge and skinny mad at me?"

"Shit, I don't know man, I haven't talked to them yet."

"I should call them right now."

"Hey, do you maybe wanna get some dinner tonight or something?" He nervously chuckles.

"Like me, you and the guys?"

"Oh. Uh yeah, for sure. All of us." Why does he sound so disappointed?

"I kinda have plans tonight, but I can do lunch if you're still down?"

"Yeah for sure, we can hang and have a chill day."

"Sounds great! I'll call the guys." I hang up and call skinny, of course badgers already with him. They pick me up and we get Taco Bell on the way to Jesse's.

We walk in and Jesse's smoking a joint. I grab it from his lips and put it in between mine while I flop down on the couch beside him. He gives me a wary look. "You sure you should be doing that?"

I roll my eyes. "I'm just taking a hit." I pass it over to skinny who's beside me. "Don't worry I'm not gonna go all crazy like yesterday."

"Alright." He shrugs. We play video games and listen to music. They start drinking but I lay off of it for tonight. I definitely don't need a repeat of yesterday. All of a sudden my phone starts ringing but it's a number I don't recognize. "Hello?"