Chapter 10

I quickly called Lalo's number. "Finally. I was beginning to think you were avoiding me again." He says.

"I am so sorry. I had a terrible day yesterday and I was blowing off some steam. I just looked at my phone now." I was rambling.

"It's ok Mi amor." He chuckles. "Are you Alright? I came by last night but you weren't there."

"Yeah I'm ok, I fell asleep at my friends. I just woke up to a bunch of missed calls from my mom. I wonder why she-" I cut off when I realized why my mom was calling. "Shit. What time is it?" I ask.

"2:30" he replies. "Why?"

"I'm supposed to watch my sister today. She's staying the night at my place and I think she was gonna get dropped off at noon." I start grabbing my things.

"Do you need a ride? I'm in the middle of something but I can have nacho take over for me if you need." He offers.

"No it's ok I have a ride. Will I see you later?" I ask.

"Miss me already?" He asks teasingly. I can practically hear the smirk on his face.

"Maybe a little." I tease back.

"I'll be sure to come by then. See you later mi amor." He hangs up and I call my mom back.

"Where have you been? I've been calling you all day. You're supposed to take Kaylee today. I had to call pop pop and have him take her cause you wouldn't answer your phone or door."

"I'm sorry mom. I went to the store to get things for tonight and I left my phone at home." I lied.

"Ok, I'm just glad you're alright. I'll have pop pop bring Kaylee by your house now."

"Ok sounds good. Love you, bye." I hang up and quickly try to wake the guys up.

"Yo I'm sleeping." Badger whines.

"I need a ride like right now!" I say. "Can someone please give me a ride?"

I try to wake up Jesse but he can barely keep his eyes open.

I go over to skinny and shake him to wake up. "What man?" He says annoyed.

"Please give me a ride home right now. You're literally my bestest friend in the whole world and I need you dude!"

"Hey I thought we were all your best friends." Badger says.

I shoot him a glare. "Please skinny?"

"Alright Fine." He agrees. I help him up and drag him out the door and we drive off. When we get to my place I see pop pop and kaylee sitting on the steps.

I thanked him for the ride and got out of the car. "Hi pretty girl!" I say as Kaylee hugs me.

"I thought you were getting groceries?" Pop pop asks.

"And I thought you cared about me." I mumbled while shooting him a glare. "Thanks for dropping her off. Bye." I shut the door on him.

"So you ready to have the best girls day ever?" I ask.

"Yes!" she exclaims. We hung out for hours doing everything she wanted. I painted her nails, did her makeup, and played dress up with her. I made her grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and we watched tv.

I heard a knock at the door. It must be Lalo. I jump up excitedly and run to the door. He's standing there with flowers in one hand and a tub of ice cream in the other. I pull him close to me and hug him tightly. "I missed you." I say pressed against his chest.

"I can tell." He chuckles.

I let go and he comes inside. He sets the items on the table and walks over to Kaylee. "Hey there Chiquita! You must be Kaylee." She nods. "I'm Lalo." He says with his hand out.