Chapter 5

I awake to a strong captivating fragrance. It was Lalo's cologne. My eyes opened to find me laying against his chest. I look up to find his face. He's still sleeping. I slowly sit upright. He looks so peaceful. I take a moment to study his features. He really is breathtaking. There's a strand of hair lying against his face. It must've fallen loose from his normally slicked back hair. I decided to fix it. I carefully move it back into place. Suddenly a smile appears on Lalo's face. He wasn't sleeping. "How long have you been awake?" I asked.

His eyes opened. "A while." He replied.

"Why didn't you get up?"

He brushed his thumb against my cheek. "Trust me, any man who has a beautiful woman in his arms would be a fool to move." I started to blush. I wasn't used to all this attention.

I sat up away from him and moved his arm off me. "Can I take a shower?" I asked.

"Of course. Only if I can join you." He smirked.

"I think I'll pass." I replied. He rolled his eyes and I giggled.

He got up and held out his hand for me. We walked up the stairs and he led me to the bathroom. "Are you sure I can't join you?" He said, while leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

I decided to tease him. I walked towards him and placed one hand on the side of his face and the other on the back of his neck. I slowly pulled him in closer. He leaned in to kiss me but I swerved so he kissed my cheek instead. "Maybe next time." I whispered in his ear.

I flashed him a smile and he smirked back in defeat. "I'll have nacho get you clothes from your apartment." He said before shutting the door.

Finally I'm alone. I started showering while my thoughts ran wild. I couldn't stop thinking of him. His deep eyes and warm smile. Even his voice and the way he smelt overtook me. Shut up. I have to stop thinking about him. Think of something else. I tried to think of my family and how happy I would be to see them. But no matter what I thought of, it always came back to Lalo.

I finished showering and went into the connected room with the towel wrapped around me. My new change of clothes were laid out on the bed. I got dressed and went to look for Lalo. The house was huge so I decided to look in the living room first. On my way down the hallway I saw something moving in a nearby room.

I walked up to the door and saw that it was him. He was shirtless. I couldn't pull my eyes away no matter how hard I tried. I was literally in a trance. "You need something." I looked up to find him staring back at me with a smirk.

"I um- I just," why was I so flustered. Just speak normally. "I just got out of the shower." I blurted out.

"I see that." He said with a light chuckle. He walked over to me. We were now inches apart. He placed his hand on the side of my face. I know what he's doing. He's just trying to get back at me. He leaned in closer and kissed me. I gave in and kissed him back. My hand grabbed his face as he slid his around my waist to pull me closer. Our kiss grew faster and more passionate. I couldn't get enough. I needed to be closer to him.

"Ahem." Someone behind us cleared their throat. I froze. Lalo noticed and stopped too. He slowly pulled away from me. I ached for his touch. I turned around to see it was one of his men.

I could feel the annoyance radiating off Lalo. "What is it?" He asked.

"It's time sir." The man said before walking away.

"We'll finish this later mi amor." He said while brushing his thumb against my lips.

He threw on his shirt and we left. The whole car ride there I had a pit in my stomach. I ran every outcome of this situation through my head.