Floor One

Mark was late to class, and he didn't even eat breakfast. Even if it was his last year of high school, he still held onto this habit of not being on time. He knew it had to change.

  Mark ran to the elevator and pressed the button to the first floor, but before the elevator could close, a boy came in. He had brown hair and brown eyes. He was panting, probably because he was trying to catch his breath, too.

  The two stood in silence as the elevator door closed, besides the heavy breathing, of course. The boy had his head down, so Mark took that chance to observe him more. Here are the things he concluded: he was around the same height, seemed like he had a smaller presence, and had fluffy hair.

  Before he could make any more observations, the elevator made a dinging noise, indicating they were on the first floor. The boy rushed out as soon as the door opened.

  Mark walked out of the elevator and darted towards the next bus. Luckily, there was another one coming in a minute. He waited, not so patiently, while nervously tapping his foot. Soon, the bus showed up, and he quickly got on. He sat on an empty seat behind the driver because it would be easier to get out.

  It took 15 minutes to get to his destination. He quickly thanked the bus driver and hurried his way to his locker. He unlocked it and grabbed a few things before locking it again. He rushed to class, and his teacher looked at him, then looked back at the class.

  Mark sat down in his seat that was next to a boy's named Xiaojun. He never really talked to Mark. He was one of those people who were quiet, smart, and popular amongst the girls. For that reason, Mark didn't have the courage to speak to him.

  The teacher went on babbling about something Mark did not care about. He looked over at Xiaojun, who looked focused, but to a scary amount. If he had to choose between bothering a focused Xiaojun or death, he would just cross his fingers he was going to Heaven.

  Out of boredom, he looked around the classroom for familiar faces. He spotted Jaehyun, who was every girl's crush at some point. Mark wasn't gay but he was he was positive he would have tried to have at least one chance with Jaehyun if he was.

  Then he started thinking about his own characteristics. He was a funny kid who was smart, but nobody saw that. They acknowledged the side of Mark that could make a room full of people laugh. Although, when paired with Johnny, he would be a part of the laughing crowd.

  After all that thinking, his mind landed on the subject of the mysterious elevator boy. He lived in that apartment complex for a good while, but he had never seen that face before. Mark wondered if he would ever encounter the boy again. More than that, he was curious about his name. He came up with a few possibilities and concluded that he had the personality and looks of someone named Kyungmin. Even so, it's not like he knew his actual name. That boy was a stranger anyway. Mark didn't need to know his name.

  Shaking away the thought, he attempted to focus on class again. Hopefully, it would end soon.

----------------------------------

  I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this work! 🐼🌹