Floor Seven

"Mackerel," Donghyuck said, tapping Mark's shoulder. The boy smiled at his friend and said, "Good morning, Hyuck."

  They stepped into the elevator and looked at each other. "I was wondering if I could have your phone number. Yesterday I was worried about you, so yeah."

  "Good idea. Here," he said as he handed him his phone. Mark added his contact as Mackerel. He gave Donghyuck's phone back to him with a smile. The elevator rang, and they walked out. As they parted ways, Donghyuck said, "I'll text you when you're on the bus!" Mark waved goodbye to him and hurried to the bus.

  Mark smiled as he sat in his seat. Donghyuck was definitely the reason Mark was going to school on time these days.

Unknown

Unknown: hey mark!

hi hyuck

  Mark thought of possible contact names. He thought of Hyuck, but Donghyuck gave him the name mackerel, which was way more creative than just 'Hyuck'. So, he thought of some things. Donghyuck's personality was bright. His smile shined bright like the sun. He always enjoyed it when he was around, fully. He had a lightbulb moment and thought of the perfect nickname for his friend.

Haechan🌤

Haechan🌤: i can't wait to see you at school
read 5:45am

  The whole bus ride Mark was thinking of Donghyuck. It's like he was taking over his mind. And he was scared of it. A lot of things Mark did reminded him of Donghyuck. And now the morning reminds Mark of him.

  Once he stepped out of the bus, he saw Donghyuck waiting for him. "Hyuck is waiting for me now? How nice," he joked, but inside, it actually made him feel happy.

  "Then tomorrow I won't wait for you," he sarcastically said as he rolled his eyes.

  "Ah, Haechan, don't be like that," he whined.

  "Haechan, huh?" Mark's face heated up, even more when he saw the smirk Donghyuck wore. "But it's cool. I like it." He started walking, and Mark followed after him.

  "Is your boyfriend gonna be mad at me again today?" Mark felt a bit guilty because of yesterday. He didn't want Renjun to be mad at Donghyuck because of him.

  "Ah, don't worry about him. I'll deal with his nagging later," he said, rolling his eyes. It didn't seem like he liked his boyfriend. Maybe he was in a toxic relationship. Mark didn't know, but he hoped not.

  "So, are you gonna come over again today?"

  "Depends. How much do you want me to come over?" Mark looked at him and pretended to think really hard about it. Donghyuck rolled his eyes as he jokingly hit his arm.

  "It was a joke! I want you to. Please?" he asked, gently pulling at his arm.

  "Donghyuck," a voice from behind spoke. A stern tone. That voice. Fuck.

  Mark looked at his friend as he turned around. "Sorry," he whispered. Donghyuck was pulled away, and Mark cursed under his breath. Renjun was getting on his nerves more and more.