013. | SIMMERING STORM

— AFTER HOURS, LANDO NORRIS

Lando's frustration brewed within him, bubbling up like a simmering storm. The taste of bitterness lingered on his tongue as he quickly downed another drink, hoping to drown out his anger. He couldn't fathom how Emery could go from refusing to speak to him to leaving with Charles, knowing full well that he was watching. It gnawed at him, fueling his irritation and confusion.

As he ordered another beer and almost gulped it down in one go, Carlos intervened, placing a hand on Lando's arm to stop him from finishing another drink within minutes. The Spaniard couldn't ignore how Lando had been drinking excessively throughout the night, his frustration and annoyance on full display. It was a stark contrast to Lando's usual demeanor when partying.

Concern etched across his face, Carlos leaned in closer, his voice laced with worry. "Hey, mate, what's going on with you? You've already had more to drink than Max, so don't try to tell me there's nothing bothering you, compañero."

Lando let out a heavy sigh, his back pressed against the wall for support as he tried to gather his thoughts. "It's... it's nothing," Lando muttered, his words carrying the weight of bitterness and confusion.

Carlos arched an eyebrow, his gaze fixed on the troubled brunette before him. "You're acting like a storm in a teacup, and you seriously expect me to believe there's nothing going on? Come on, mate, I know you better than that. Talk to me."

Lando's shoulders slumped, his frustration mingling with a sense of weariness. He knew Carlos was right, that he couldn't dismiss his emotions so easily. He took a moment to collect his thoughts, realizing that he needed to share his turmoil with someone he trusted.

"It's just... Emery," Lando began, his voice tinged with vulnerability. "I can't wrap my head around her behavior. One moment, she won't speak to me, and the next, she's off with Charles like nothing happened. It's driving me mad."

Carlos's expression softened, sympathy evident in his eyes as he listened attentively. He understood the depth of Lando's frustration, having witnessed the shift in their dynamic firsthand.