Chapter 8

It was a small maroon room towards the back of the building. We walk in and see a middle aged lady sitting at a desk, a large book resting in front of her.

"Oh, hello! Newbies?" She asks, putting her brown hair behind her ears.

"Yes ma'am," Adam says. Dana nods in agreement.

"All right. So, you three want me to look you up? You will know some small details, but not who your parents are, we never do that," she says.

"I do," Tami says. The women smiles.

"Birthday?"

"May 7th."

"Hey, only a few days away!" Adam blurts out.

"Name?"

"Tami."

"Ah, Tami Sanders."

"Sanders?" Tami says, "that's my last name?" The women says yes.

"You were born at 8:00 am. Weighed 9 pounds.."

"Whoa, big baby!" I say, and Tami shoves me playfully.

"And your the oldest," the women says.

"Oldest?" Tami asks, looking right at the women.

"Yes, by 2 minutes."

I think for a moment, not being able to figure it out until Tami says it.

"I have a twin."

"Yes, Taylor is her name," the women says.

"Hey, I know Taylor. I'll show you to her later," Dana says. "You did look a little familiar." Tami smiles, happier than ever. It takes a while to calm her down. I then tell Archer that he can go. She asks him his birthday.

"June 2nd." He says.

"Name?"

"Archer."

"Archer Marx. Born at 5:05 am. Weighed 7lbs. You have an older sister named Ashley, but she's not here at the Alliance. I'm sorry. She lives in dome one." The women says. Archer nods, though I know he may be upset. An older sister he might never get to see. Who probably doesn't like males, if she's still in her dome.

But I didn't even know what the Alliance was until Archer showed up.

It's silent for a moment, but Archer says for me to go.

"June 16th. Mia." I say without her asking. The women flips through the pages.

"Ah yes, Mia. Mia Mullen. Born at 10:00 pm. 6lbs. No siblings."

I pause, taking all the information in. Mullen is my last name. I have no siblings. I don't know if that's good or bad. Did I want one? I don't know, maybe? But I smile and nod anyways.

"I'll show Tami her sister. Adam, you can maybe show Mia and Archer to their rooms?" Dana asks, and Adam nods. We thank the women and head back outside, splitting up.

"So, what do you usually do around here, Adam?" I ask.

"Oh, I help get ready for the attack and stuff. But other than that, there's a lot of activities. You can even get a job, but if you don't get paid what's the point?" He says, lifting his arms in the air.

I laugh. Adam seems very laid back, not afraid to speak his opinion. Something I've always had to work on comes natural to him.

We walk in a wooden shaped house, though all you see when you walk in is a huge hallway. We walk down all the way to the end.

"Room 101 for you Mi, and 103 for you Arch." He hands us a pair of keys. "102 for Tam."

"Nicknames already, huh?" Archer asks, and Adam smiles. "You bet, buds! Hey, I gotta go to my shooting lesson, I'll see you guys later," he says, and he runs down the hall and out the door.

"You want to sit outside?" Archer asks. I nod and we both walk out to the tables. I spot Tami sitting at a table with a group. I immediately know who Taylor is. She seems busy, too busy to notice. I pick a different table. Archer looks at me worriedly.

"New place, new friends. I get it." I say, looking at her. "But you know you get something new then forget the old," I say. I remember Tami told me this when I met Archer.

"Your her best friend, or at least I assume. Those always come back, no matter what. Well, if they truly are your best friend," Archer says, somewhat annoyed.

"What happened to yours?"

"He wouldn't go to the Alliance with me. Last words I heard from him was your a jackass hope you get caught." He laughs a little. "Guess his wish came true. Jackass." He hisses.

"Sorry," is all I can think of saying.

"Nah, this is better." He looks out the fence and nods. "This is better."

We sit in silence for a while. I then suggest walking around. We both sign up for some shooting lessons for tomorrow, then continue walking.

"You know, why did they separate males and females anyway?" I ask.

"Who knows. One thinks their better than the other. Probably something stupid like that," Archer says.

"Dumb." I say. Archer laughs a little.

"Yes, very dumb."

We walk by the entrance, and I quick take a glance out the fence.

"Wait...." I stop, and Archer looks at my gaze, then stares outside.

The figure is small, but gradually gets larger. It's a black car.

"You think they live here?" I ask.

"Who knows. Maybe we should ask somebody just to make sure."

"I will." I quick walk back to the building I ate in, while Archer stays by the fence. I see Dave and Tessa sitting in the living room.

"Sorry to interrupt, but there's a black car heading over here. Does that belong to you?" I ask. I then see Tessa's face go pale.

"No." Dave says, and him and Tessa jump up. We all run out the door, heading back to the fence. There's a huge crowd by there now. I run right into the crowd, searching for Archer. I was so busy searching for him I didn't even realize Dave was yelling at someone to put the gun down.

I run right through the crowd into the very front, and almost scream.

It's Evelyn.

And she's holding Archer tight to her, the point of the gun resting on his temple.

She's here to finish what she started. And this time, there's no fire alarm I can pull to stop her.

HEY EVERYONE!!! Sorry to leave ya hanging with a cliffhanger😁 BUT HOW DO U LIKE IT SO FAR? Please leave feedback, it really helps me a lot👍☺️ Thanks💕💕

-Grace