Chapter 18

A few days go by. Each day I get more sore, more nervous. There's been no update from the government, which calms me down a bit. Training has been exhausting, but I'm getting better. Way better, one of the best, possibly. The top ten best girls, at least. Lydia is of course top ten, and then there's Jade. Archer is also one of the best, on the male side. Dave would be stupid not to have us a part of the attack.

Or wouldnt he?

I walk outside from my room, stressed. I sit at a bench, facing the outside of the Alliance.

Just weeks ago I was back at my dome, complaining about routines. Now I feel right back to where I started. Routines. I wake up, train, and sleep. And it might all be for nothing, if Dave doesn't let me in on the attack.

I sigh, closing my eyes for a second, and when I open them, I see something outside the fence.

Not something, someone.

A girl, running towards the fence. Her wavy brown hair goes all over, telling me she's going fast. I hear her faintly yelling out.

I stand up.

"Hey!" I yell, trying to get someone's attention. "Hey!" I see Dave sitting at a table talking to someone. "Dave!" He looks up. "Someone's here!"

I've got everyone's attention now. They all get up and surround the fence. Dave brushes past me and opens the fence. The girl is already standing at it, catching her breath.

"The..Alliance." She spits out.

"Yes, your at the Alliance." Dave says, and the girl smiles a bit. "What's your name?"

"Abby. Man, I made it? I'm here?"

I smile when Abby looks at me. Her heavy breathing slows, and she walks over to me.

"Your Mia." She says softly, and I nod, surprised.

"It's an honor. You and Archer are really amazing. How do you survive everything?" She says, and I laugh a little.

"It's not easy," I say. I look at Dave. "I can show her around." He nods and shakes Abby's hand, welcoming her. Then she comes to me again. I take a better look at Abby. She's maybe nineteen or twenty, with big brown eyes, same color as her hair. She looks strong, and must be if she made it to the Alliance.

"I saw you on tv the other day. It's real sick. Damn government," she says.

I nod, and keep walking. I tell her where everything is, just like when Dana and Adam showed Archer and I. And the more I talk to Abby, the more I like her. She seems comfortable around me, not feeling sorry for me either. And I like that.

"You know, you can find out more about yourself in that building," I point right at the door.

"Nah, all I need to know is that I'm at the right place now," she says. Her answer surprises me.

"But, you can find out if you have any siblings and stuff."

Abby puts a hand on my shoulder. "Aren't we all siblings here?" She slightly smiles. "Look, thanks for showing me around, but I'm exhausted. Where can I rest?"

I bring her back to Dave, and he gives her the keys to her room. I drop her off there.

"Nice meeting you, Abby. See you around?"

"Wait." She says quickly. "Where can I find you?"

"Well, my room is 101. Feel free to stop by," I say, and she smiles, thanking me once again.

After, I go to the shooting range and find Archer there, just finishing. I walk up to him, and he tosses the gun to me. I shoot the target, getting a bullseye.

"Well, that was badass." He says, his eyes wide and his smile wide.

"There's a new girl who just came. I showed her around. Names Abby." I say.

"That's the first person who came to the Alliance after us," Archer says.

"She seems nice. You've been shooting?"

"For an hour now." Archer sighs. "Still have to do weight training."

"Wanna go now?" I ask.

Archer looks at the gun I'm holding. "Sure. I don't think you need much practice. Badass."

"Badass enough to be put on this mission?" I ask.

"Hell yeah," Archer smiles. "But, I'd do some more lifting. The forty-five pound bar isn't going to cut it."

I laugh, pushing his shoulder, a little too hard.

"Whoa, so you can push a hundred and forty-five pound teenager, and can't lift a forty-five pound bar?" He asks jokingly.

"Hell yeah." I say, and we make our way to the weight room.

***

I lay in bed, unable to sleep. Adrenaline pumps through me, even though I'm tired. It's 12:30am, though I feel I've been up all night.

Then I hear a knock on my door.

I sit up, not moving until the knocking continues again. I stand up and head for the door, assuming it's Archer. But it's not.

It's Abby.

"What are you doing?" I whisper.

"I need to show you something." She grabs my arm and walks me out my room.

"Now you need to show me? What is it?" I ask, but she doesn't answer. She brings me all the way outside. I look around and see nothing wrong.

"I don't see..." Abby's swing to my face cuts me off, and I hit the ground immediately. Abby grabs for me, but I kick her in the stomach and jump to my feet.

What the hell?

"Abby?" I ask. I touch my lip with my fingertips and see blood on them. "What are you...."

She stands up and swings at my face again, but I block it, gripping her arm.

"Abby, stop!" I say, but she twists her arm free and punches me straight in the nose, and it's so quick and sudden I don't feel it till I hit the ground and lay there for a while. My eyes stream with tears, I can't see anything. But I feel Abby drag me to my feet, tying my hands behind my back. I open my mouth to scream, but she shuts it with duck tape. I feel Abby's face close to my ear.

"Sorry Mia, but I only like you for the money. This is not my home." She whispers in my ear. "The government is."

I feel blood in my mouth, making me gag against the duck tape. I try to get free, but Abby's grip is tight.

"Now, your going to show me where the boy is. And you both are going to coroperate." She shakes me, and a tear falls from my eyes.

"And if you don't show me where he is, I'll kill you myself, hide your body, and eventually kill the boy." I close my eyes. No. Not Archer.

"So, lead the way."

DANG A CLIFFHANGER EVEN I HATE MYSELF😁😱
But at least I posted another chapter for YA!! SO, WAT DO U THINK?? Let me know in the comments!!!!!! Also, please vote if your enjoying the story! I wouldn't continue it if it wasn't for you guys! So THAK U!!!💕😊👍