Chapter 29

Mia's POV

People say you don't realize how much you miss something till its gone.

But that's not the case for me.

I cared about Archer, more than anybody else. And now he's gone, and I knew I would be in this much pain. I knew I would miss him.

Days have gone by. Day after day I go through the motions. I barely talk to anyone. I still train, still go to the weight room, but the rest of the day I keep myself locked in my room. I expect a knock on the door, and then I would open it and see those blue eyes, that slight smile.

I need that. I need that more than anything.

But I don't turn myself in, because Dave said not to. All I can hope is that Archer is still alive. That's all I can hope for.

At dinner I sit by Adam and Dana, which is a first. I usually bring it to my room. I can't just be alone, I still need some people I can be with.

They are surprised, but don't say much, which is good. I didn't want them talk to me anyway. We mumble a few words here and there...

"This food is getting old."

"I'm tired."

"It's pretty nice out."

But even those short little comments make me feel a little better. I even go to weight training with them, and Dana laughs, reminding me when I could only lift forty-five pounds.

Archer was here for that.

I know she didn't mean to do that, to remind me of him. But, I don't want to forget about Archer, how could I? I want to think about him, even though it hurts like hell.

I shower after and sit in bed, not really wanting to sleep yet. But I hear a knock on my door anyway. I open it and see Tessa. She immediately grabs my arm, bringing me to her and Dave's room. I see Dave standing by the TV, and I rush over to the couch. I stare as the president sits in front of a desk, along with a women. His wife, possibly. I hold my breath as he speaks.

"We know the Alliance won't stop fighting, but we won't stop either. We also won't stop until we get what we want." The presidents eyes stare directly into mine. "The other one." The camera then turns, and I find myself staring at a rough looking Archer. His mouth is taped shut, his whole body tied to the chair by chains. Bruises clearly show on his face, tiredness appears on his still bright blue eyes.

God, what have they done?

But, he looks angry, overall. His fists clenched, jaw line sharp, deep breathing.

He hasn't changed.

But even though I'm happy he's alive, he's still far away, still at the government.

"Mia, I hope your listening, because we won't stop. Not until you come. I think you are underestimating our power here. You come, all his pain is over. You don't come, we keep going, we keep asking you. So, your choice. You want to stop all this? Then come."

Archer mumbles into his duck tape, and the camera turns to him again. A guard rips the tape off, and Archer stares at me, wide eyed.

"Mia, don't. Don't listen to him. Don't come, don't turn yourself in..." I hear the presidents voice yelling the background, but it's like Archer doesn't notice.

"Im telling you Mia. Do. Not. Come." His eyes are desperate now, sweat glistens off his skin, veins bulge out of his neck and arms.

Tears fall from my eyes as I see a man stab a needle in his neck. He panics. "Don't come, Mia! You hear me? Please, don't come..." His body slouches, his eyelids slowly close. The camera turns back to the president.

"You're choice Mia, you're choice." He says, and the screen goes black.

Tears are flowing down my cheeks, and I hold in a sob. Dave and Tessa are silent, waiting for me to speak.

"I have to go," I whisper,

"But Archer sa.."

"He's just saying that because he's Archer, and he doesn't want me getting hurt. But did you see him? He's hurt, and that hurts me. I have to go, or they'll never stop," I spit out, my lip quivering. Tessa pulls me in for a hug, but I pull away fast, looking at Dave.

"If I go, maybe you guys should attack the day of or after. Maybe there's a chance to get out. I can go there and tell Archer."

"Getting you two out may be impossible.."

"It's worth a try. And if it doesn't work, it doesn't work." I say. Which means if it doesn't work, we're dead.

"Please," I beg, more tears falling to the floor.

Dave sighs. "When do you want to leave?"

"Tomorrow."

He scratches his head. "The attack would come pretty fast but, I guess we can do that," he says. "But Mia, it might not work..."

I nod, thanking him for doing this. Tomorrow morning he's going to drive me, then I'll walk the last mile to the government.

Then I can finally see Archer again.

He did seem pretty frantic about it though, he really doesn't want me to come. But all he wants to do is protect me, though I want to protect him. Even though we may not make it, I barely even care anymore. This was bound to happen sometime. So I might as well be with him till the very end.

I don't bother saying goodbye to any of my friends, I don't want to. The thought of never coming back here seems surreal. I don't want to just assume that I'll never come back, I want to hope.

So I lay in bed, trying to get sleep, but again it doesn't come. Is this how Archer feels every night? Irritated because he can't sleep?

Archer.

I finally get to be with him tomorrow. And honestly, I don't care if it's in the worst situation.

HELLO!!!!!

Sorry I'm kind of slacking on posing chapters, I'm really busy at the moment. But I'll keep trying!!!!

ALSO, THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT MY OTHER NEW STORY "Elements" 💜😊 it really means a lot! And if you haven't, PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!!!

And please keep commenting and voting, you guys are the best!!

Thank you!💙😄